PDA

View Full Version : I need a reamer drawing for: .17 Mink

georgeld
09-30-2006, 06:35 AM
Have been trying to find someone with a drawing for the .17 Mink and not having much luck so far.

Can anyone help with this? IF you can, please e'mail it to: georgeld@hotmail.com

Have been planning on chambering a gun I'll pick up next week for the .17x28mm, and can't find enough brass to justify doing it and time's running out on getting started. have been trying to get this done for at least four or five months now and am getting burned out fighting the problem. Am ready to give it up, or do something else.

Comparing a sample of the Mink with the .17x28 they are very close to the same. No, I'm not saying they are, but, the Hornet case I have is about .025" smaller at the head than the 5.7 case is.

I'm not that particular on capacity that I couldn't live with the difference especially when comparing the availability of brass.

Thanks much,

GLWenzl
09-30-2006, 05:35 PM
George, Dave Kiff has the drawing and the reamer info on it. I'm sending you a number to call another guy also

georgeld
10-02-2006, 06:30 AM
Gary:

Thanks much for the e/m's and efforts.
Do appreciate you!

Lumpenproles
10-02-2006, 11:50 AM
Buy a couple boxes of loaded ammo that use the v-max bullet.

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=428067

$38 for two boxes of 50. Pull the bullets and you can reuse the 40 gr V-max in a hornet or fireball. Dump the powder on the garden for a little fall fertilizer. Since you are going to reform you will have to snap the primers too. Factor in the cost of the bullets that can be reused and you are at ~$26 for 100 pieces of brass. Double the cost of hornet brass, but not outrageous yet either!!!

Just a thought on how to get you were you want to be.

Travis

georgeld
10-03-2006, 06:39 AM
That's not a bad price now. they've come down about half from the first listing I saw.

Maybe I should read these flyer's they keep sending me. have at least two under the papers on my reading table.

That's the best shooting bullet in my .223.

Thanks for posting this.