PDA

View Full Version : WTB 17 Ackley Hornet Jackson Varminter

fosters
04-07-2007, 11:03 PM
I have a friend who would like a 17 Ackley Hornet in a Jackson Varminter, but he would consider any other configuration.....please send me a PM if you have one.

Larry in VA
04-08-2007, 03:28 AM
Hmmm… I think you may be getting your Model names confused.

“Jackson Varminter”??? There is the “Varminter” which can be had in a 17 AH (center fire cartridge) and there is a “Jackson Squirrel Rifle” which is the Model 57 and it is available in 22LR, 22Mag, 17HMR & 17M2 rim fire only.

Either way I don’t have line on either, just thought I could help you out with what you are asking for.

By the way, LOVE THE BEER...:D

Cajun Blake
04-08-2007, 03:55 AM
fosters,

since the Jackson Varminter is so new, your friend may have to put his name on the waiting list of dealers who are expecting shipment. I would call Cooper and find out what dealers have placed orders for this rifle of interest.

Since the 17 Ack Hnt seems to be one of the more popular calibers Cooper chambers, a JV in 17 AH may be even more difficult to obtain. If he has the cash, and is at the right place at the right time, it's quite possible. Your friend should also be prepared to pay top $$$ for this configuration. Cooper dealers know what calibers/configurations have the highest demand as they are often priced at MSRP.

I remember several years ago when you could buy a used, like new Cooper for $800 to $900. Now it seems there is more demand than supply as used Coopers are priced from $1200 to $1500. In reality, I guess it's all relative since the price of land and housing has also gone up over time.

hope your friend finds his dream rifle as they should be more available in over the next few weeks/months.

cb <*)))>{

http://photos.imageevent.com/bowhuntermls/fsitems700/icons/GEICO.jpg

Singleshooter
04-08-2007, 02:51 PM
CB: Tell me more about the new Cooper. I can't find anything on their website about a Jackson Varminter. Is this a Model 38 with a Jackson Squirrel stock or???. Inquiring minds want to know. Ed

jdunham
04-08-2007, 05:04 PM
That is exactly what it is singleshooter. It is not pictured yet on the website, it is listed only on the ordering info link or whatever link has the action number and the corresponding models available in that model. Whittakers had one but uplandr bought that last week. I spoke with Tim at Cooper Friday and there are no 17AH's in that model and none projected for awhile. He did say they has some 20 Vartag's going out soon. Ordering one would probably be the surest way of getting one in 17AH at this point.

Larry in VA
04-09-2007, 04:32 AM
Learn something new everyday, if I'm lucky. :confused:
I see now what you guys are talking about on the "How to order" page of Coopers Web site.
That would be a very neat rifle in 17AH.

grousesetter
04-12-2007, 03:33 PM
For those looking for photos of the new Jackson Varminter, there are three on Gunbroker.com right now. One in particular is very sweet; a Tactical 20, in AAA+ Tiger Maple, with blued barrel, and checkered bolt knob.

I need to win the lottery.

GrouseSetter