PDA

View Full Version : Are they the same- in practical terms??

ogre6br
10-11-2006, 10:34 AM
HI
That the 20 tactical and the 204 R are practical equivilents of each other for the purposes of a hunting round??

How far behind them is the .20 Bobcat?? if at all in hunting situations?

I have been looking through old editions of SCN and old board saved posts and it seems that way.

I only have upto edition 7 of SCN are there any load maps for the 20 Tac and 204R with heavier projectiles that were recently released.

Can you please tell me which editions so I can order them?

thanks

later
P

DittoHead
10-11-2006, 06:30 PM
The Summer 2006 issue of SCN has an article about a .20 Tactical built with a 1:9 twist barrel for shooting 50gr. Bergers. The article includes loading data for the 50gr. Berger but the author didn’t test the 45gr. Hornady.

Edit – the issue is Volume 9, Number 2

montdoug
10-12-2006, 06:05 AM
I have a Tact.20 with a 26 inch Pac-Nor on a Rem 700 Varmint as well as a CZ 527 Varmint Kevlar that Greg Tannel set the barrel back and gave me a min spec chamber and zero free bore. While I can't comment on the Bobcat I can tell you that both rifles of mine with both 32 and 40 grain bullets are within a few fps of each other. For all practical purposes ballistic twins with the exception the Tact .20 does it with a bit less powder, but having a longer barrel they probably are ballistic twins. Two rifles sure aren't enough to make a real comparison but they are close enough for the girl I go with.
The one thing I know for sure is P-dogs and rock chucks sure can't tell the difference.
Both by the way move a 40 right at 3,900fps.