PDA

View Full Version : Taliban Red Mist

dondford
10-11-2006, 03:53 PM
This could be disturbing to some panty-waist pinko's.

50 Cal Sniper Shots in Afghanistan

Go to TinyPic http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=43ftb3q
Don

Bayou City Boy
10-11-2006, 04:29 PM
DAA will be pleased to see that his rock chuck video is STILL being passed off as Taliban in Afghanistan on the Internet. I know he has had to deal with this quite a few times in the past year or so, and apparently it still persists. It's really amazing what some people will do.

And donford, I'm not saying anything critical toward you, as you would be amazed at the number of people who have viewed it and thought it was just as it's described on various web sites. Nothing bad meant in your direction at all.

In reality you can see the same video on Varmint Safari II. Tim and Dave were shooting rock chucks with a 6MM BR, if I remember correctly, in the Uinta Mountains in Utah.

DAA has a full library of stories he has heard from others about the video including a "geology expert" who verified that it has to be Taliban because the type of rocks seen in the video only exist in Afghanistan. :)

-BCB

Dan C
10-11-2006, 04:29 PM
Don, this clip is actually our buddy DAA of Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter shooting a rockchuck with his 6mm AI, and has been exposed as such. It's a nice thought though......

Ladobe
10-11-2006, 04:50 PM
I chuckled to see these pirated clips posted yet again. Some people can be led to water AND forced to drink it. Dave's Sako L579-Krieger 6AI is a thumper on RC's no doubt, but I am reasonably certain he hasn't shot any Taliban with it. ;-)

dondford
10-11-2006, 05:12 PM
Well, it looks like I was suckered on this one and I apologize for posting a bogus video.
It was sent to me by a friend; as usual, I checked it out on the Urban Legends Reference page I always use when someone sends me something like this and it didn't show up. I obviously needed to check further.

Don

Skypilotbc
10-11-2006, 11:07 PM
I chuckled to see these pirated clips posted yet again. Some people can be led to water AND forced to drink it. Dave's Sako L579-Krieger 6AI is a thumper on RC's no doubt, but I am reasonably certain he hasn't shot any Taliban with it. ;-)

I believe I saw a post on GGVG from Dave saying he is wanting to sell the Sako 6MMAI Talibanbustinnuclearchuck-crusher.
Bob

Chuck Miller
10-11-2006, 11:42 PM
Didn't realize it was a Taliban thumper, Ha! (although I've been aware of the bogus video claim). I've got another 6mmAI built by Mike Bryant with the same reamer in a 1-8 twist thought they would make a nice pair.

fotohunt
10-12-2006, 01:08 AM
I've seen that video before, but for the life of me, I can't make this site work. What isn't right about my player?

Darrell

dondford
10-12-2006, 01:34 AM
When I was advised the video as described was bogus (Sniper killing Taliban) I contacted TinyPic and requested they remove it.

Don