PDA

View Full Version : Pic of Hornady, Sierra, and Nosler 20/32's

Dan C
10-14-2006, 08:42 PM
Thought a comparison might be interesting. Whatever else Nosler is, they do make a nice looking bullet.http://highxj.home.bresnan.net/nosler32.jpg

Varminteer
10-15-2006, 12:50 AM
Nice holiday colors. I hope your spouse does not get mad from you wasting her finger nail polish on painting bullets. He He :D :D :D

foxhunter
10-15-2006, 12:59 AM
was dan polishing his toe nails or hers before he did the bullets?

montdoug
10-15-2006, 03:19 AM
First 32 with a boat-tail that's interesting. Let us know how they do Dan, what are they claiming for BC?

Dan C
10-15-2006, 04:06 AM
First 32 with a boat-tail that's interesting. Let us know how they do Dan, what are they claiming for BC?

I believe it was Dittohead that said he called Nosler and they told him it the B.C. was .206. If I get a chance I'll do a head to head with the Hornady and check the B.C. myself. When I pitted the Hornady 32 against the Sierra, the Hornady was higher, and it looks it with it's sharper tip and longer ogive.

Russ O
10-15-2006, 04:54 AM
Shot both of them in 20 Tac & with identical load of 10X & Nosler was slower. Fm looking @ Pic ,I would have guessed the other way rnd. Looks like the bearing surface of the nosler would be less & faster. Both were Danzac coated.

Dan C
10-15-2006, 02:10 PM
was dan polishing his toe nails or hers before he did the bullets?

Mine, but don't be spreading it around.

Alex
10-15-2006, 02:56 PM
Dan, if you have a comparison of the BC's or the Hornady VMax 33's, 32's and the Sierra BK 32, would you please share them.

Dang if I can find my notes on what they are. I will say the 33's are easy to get to shoot, with the BK 32's right tight behind.

Alex

Daryl
10-15-2006, 05:00 PM
For some reason, the secant ogive on the Hornady seems to work the best with super sonic speeds, while the nice smooth looking Sierra and Noslers suffer due to that shape. Speer bullets as well, have the smooth radius which looks so nice, but deson't work at well at high speeds.
: For seating, the Hornady secant ogive defines the land engagement better, more defined, and I think, gives a better 'into the lands' seating - harder and therefore working better at holding the bullet back for more defined igniton. Just a tought.

Dan C
10-15-2006, 10:28 PM
Dan, if you have a comparison of the BC's or the Hornady VMax 33's, 32's and the Sierra BK 32, would you please share them.

Dang if I can find my notes on what they are. I will say the 33's are easy to get to shoot, with the BK 32's right tight behind.

Alex

Alex, when I tested the Sierra 32 against the Hornady 32, the Sierra averaged .206 and the Hornady .222. I did the Hornady 33 but can't find the results; I do remember that the 32 Vmax was slightly better than the old 33.

If I get a chance to test the Nosler, I'll reshoot the other two as well. I'm only confortable comparing them when all are shot the same day under the same conditions.