PDA

View Full Version : Just cancelled my J4 order for jackets

P1ZombieKiller
10-06-2014, 06:47 PM
Thanks George for Jeff Peinhardt's phone number (717-786-8321).
I called and spoke to him today and will be placing an order for some 30 cal .925 jackets. I guess it was a good thing that Berger pushed my order out 3 different times so that I could do this.

Oleman
10-07-2014, 02:02 PM
George my personal feeling is they have made a deal with the devil!

george ulrich
10-07-2014, 03:25 PM
you might be right:eek:

ramos
10-08-2014, 07:49 PM
Call me an idiot, if you like. I believe they are busting their humps trying to meet the demand for finished bullets. That is their 'meat & potatoes'. Way bigger segment of their operation than selling empty jackets. Sorry that does nothing to help you guys out.

george ulrich
10-08-2014, 10:25 PM
really if my memory serves me J.R. Spivey started j4 as a jacket co. not a bullet co. I think you talking about Berger, even though they are all rolled into one now....Really not an issue anymore any way sta-moly is supplying better jackets and MUCH less expensive.. I wonder why j4 has been calling all there old customers trying to push jackets? But I will also add I cancelled the 950,000 jackets from sierra I had on order this past spring when I became tired of being jerked around, funny they called last week to see if I wanted any now guess what my answer was...

ramos
10-08-2014, 10:29 PM
Yes, George. My comments were in regards to Berger. My assumption (possibly dangerous) was that the J-4 jackets were being ordered from/through Berger.

Oleman
10-08-2014, 11:08 PM
When you jerk your customers around to make more money sooner or later its going to come back and bite you where you sit! ;)

ramos
10-09-2014, 05:04 PM
Understood. However, it only seems reasonable that 'Berger Bullets' would have first dibs on any jackets produced by their other division. Again, not making light of the situation you bullet builders are in. I don't make bullets myself. Just trying to view from a jacket producers' perspective. I am sure they would love to make a little extra coin selling jackets to you gentleman but, only if they have excess inventory. The current demand for finished bullets, I am sure, has them using every jacket produced. This is all speculative on my part, of course. I WOULD like to produce bullets for my own consumption someday. If that ever happens, I will be in the same boat as you guys.

P1ZombieKiller
10-09-2014, 05:07 PM
I WOULD like to produce bullets for my own consumption someday. If that ever happens, I will be in the same boat as you guys.

When you do, I can recommend a really good die maker for you to talk to ... OH WAIT... you already are talking to him.