PDA

View Full Version : pa doe hunt

260Ackley
12-14-2014, 11:03 PM
Well I filled a doe tag along with my father on friday. Its his first deer in 8 years. We've had a slow season while helping my 13 yr old brother tag out in archery and rifle. So after not seeing anything all week we twisted my brothers arm to do a small drive for us. We were standing for all of 2 min and 3 doe ran out in front of us 200 yds. We each pulled up freehand and let it fly. We both connected with big doe. They started running so I put one extra shot into each one on the run. Both lung shots freehand at 250. I spent all day cutting yesterday. I know they are only doe but I had my favorite people to hunt with and in 20 years I've never been with my father when he got a deer. This time I was shoulder to shoulder with him. This will stick with me better then any big buck ever will. Tomorrow is promised to no man. I appreciate everyone of these hunts as we don't know how many more we will be blessed with.

Bill K
12-14-2014, 11:29 PM
Congrats. :) Good meals and really good memories for you and your Dad, I bet. Bill K :)

csterner
12-14-2014, 11:43 PM
Congrats. That's mighty fine shootin'! I'd give anything to have one more hunt with my dad.:( Glad you realize how special those times are with yours.

foxhunter
12-21-2014, 10:24 PM
you're very lucky i never got to hunt with my dad. he was always to busy trying to make a living and raise us kids. by the time i was old enough he had lost all interest in hunting.

your dad should have been with me yesterday, i had a 8 point walk out infront of my blind at 30 yards and graze around. i couldn'r shoot his as i had already shot an 8 pointer. made me wish i had brought my bow.