PDA

View Full Version : Browning Medalion in 22 Hornet????

john
09-22-2006, 07:34 AM
The Browning Medalion in 22 Hornet. Can those wiser in the ways of this rifle discuss the pros and cons?

Tom_Brush
09-22-2006, 11:53 AM
I have a Medalion in .22 Hornet. It is an accurate, light fun gun. I have shot prairie dogs, rockchucks, groundhogs, turkey and squirrel with mine. With a reduced load of Unique it is a very effective squirrel rifle. My only complaint is the clip. I have problems getting it to feed. I want a new clip but I have been unable to find one.

John C
09-22-2006, 01:44 PM
Several years ago, I was considering buying a Browning A-Bolt. I asked about changing barrels for a different caliber, and was told that Browning used a fine thread on its barrels, which made them extremely difficult to rebarrel. The sales person also said that if , for some reason, I needed a new barrel, Browning would actually have to give me a new reciever as well. That ended my interest. I don't know if that situation still exists.

BUT, the A-Bolt I was looking at was a finely finished, attractive gun. I don't know anything about their accuracy.

Mntngoat
09-22-2006, 01:48 PM
For What's It's Worth:
I have heard nothing but good things about the little Medalion. I know Pete Hauer over on GGVG has one and loves it. Accurate enough to take quite a few foxes every year with it. As a platform to build a custom, you could make worse decisions.

Michael

johno
09-22-2006, 09:23 PM
I have one I had re barreled to 19 calhoon and it works just fine, I will confess my gun smith had a hard job removing the barrel and he cursed a lot about the fine tight threads, thats about 3 years ago and he has started talking to me again but only last week. you will really the short lift on the bolt and its a great light walk about rifle, if possible stress you want an extra mag ordered with the rifle I got one but 12 months
johno