PDA

View Full Version : just lurkin

FranksGopherService
09-22-2006, 01:52 PM
Hi guys. Just wanted to say hi and let you know I enjoy the comradship and information that is presented here. There are lots of good vibes comming from this board. I am in learning mode wrt to small calibers and will lurk mostly. When I screw up enough courage to try a wildcat I will let you know (right now I am leaning to the 20VT). For the time being I will stay with commercial chambers and continue to test my relaods in 204.

There is one experience of mine I might add for the benefit of someone out there. I purchased a Rem 700 in 204 laminated stock and blued barrel. It would not shoot worth beans. Groups were about .75 to 1 inch and the limit in gopher getter range was about 150 yd. After trying out a few different loads, I took it to my gunsmith for a bedding job. He suggested lapping the barrel. That did the trick. He said that he had to pour two lead plugs because it had a tight spot he estimated to be about a .001, which is a lot. It is shooting now to my criteria of .5 in groups. I cleans up a lot better than before too. I will be taking it to eastern Montana in October for a antelope/deer and PD hunt. I can't wait to try it out on some live tagets. The 204 is only for PDs. I have a quarter bore for the goats.

Remington QC sucks in my humble opinion. I hate to think I need a bore scope to buy a rifle over the counter.

Former handle was Frank Pickett who is no relation to the Pickett at Cooper Arms of Montana who I would like to meet.

Can somebody tell me how to add a picture? When I click "insert image" it asks for a URL. How do I get a URL for a photo I have on my C drive?

Franks Gopher Service
Your pain is my gain

RareBear
09-23-2006, 04:01 AM
Greetings and Salutations.

FranksGopherService, nice callsign, I like it.

You need to upload the photo from your harddrive to a photohosting website such as http://www.jesseshunting.com (usually have to be a registered member to use, I like the price, it's free). After the upload you can copy the URL of the photo and paste it in the "insert image" line here at Saubier.com.

Rob Behr
09-26-2006, 06:07 PM
Meeting Dan Pickett isn't all that its cracked up to be. He is odd looking and has poor hygene. Rob Behr, Cooper Arms

Cajun Blake
09-26-2006, 07:24 PM
Rob,

welcome aboard good friend. glad to see your posts as we welcome you and other Cooper employees with open arms and ears. (Pssss - tell dan cooper to drop us a post from time to time as i see his posts over on BRCentral.com)

my duplicated english walnut stock for my 20 KB is nearing completion w/in the next few weeks.

will keep you and all posted with details and pics.

cb <*)))>{

dondford
09-26-2006, 07:39 PM
"Meeting Dan Pickett isn't all that its cracked up to be. He is odd looking and has poor hygene. Rob Behr, Cooper Arms"

Yes, but can he spell? ;>)