PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from the new guy.

MightyThor
01-16-2008, 02:35 AM
Hello, I am fairly new to bullet making but come to it from three generations of previous enthusiast. My experience so far has been making 22 cal bullets from rim fire cases. I inherited dies marked FFL from my father but have no idea where they originally came from. Recently the top punch for the core seater got knocked off my bench and it shattered on the concrete floor. I would like to get a replacement if any are available.

I also inherited 25 cal and 30 cal dies from my grandfather. They are for the Hollywood press that he gave me. I have not used them yet and also have questions about them. They do not seem to have a punch to push out the formed bullet, so how do you get it out of the point die? I will try to add Pictures of my 30 cal dies if I can.

I have just purchased a use corbin press and some dies and can hardly wait till they get here. I look forward to learning as much as I can from all here.

Mntngoat
01-16-2008, 11:04 PM
Welcome M.T. Quite a few bullet makers here.

Michael

MightyThor
01-18-2008, 08:30 PM
Here are pictures of my dies and presshttp://www.antiquereloadingtools.org/discus/messages/8/1638.jpg
http://www.antiquereloadingtools.org/discus/messages/8/1639.jpg
http://www.antiquereloadingtools.org/discus/messages/8/1643.jpg

ray h
01-18-2008, 11:42 PM
Thor, is your Hollywood made of Alum.? I have 2 Universals, one of which is Alum.( paint flaked off like yours) I had it restored by Joe Mueller of Hollywood Engineering this summer, I dropped it off and got a grand tour of the place. It looks like your press is the next step up from the Universal, do you know the name of that model? He had one on display but can't recall what he said it was..

MightyThor
01-19-2008, 09:15 AM
Thor, is your Hollywood made of Alum.? I have 2 Universals, one of which is Alum.( paint flaked off like yours) I had it restored by Joe Mueller of Hollywood Engineering this summer, I dropped it off and got a grand tour of the place. It looks like your press is the next step up from the Universal, do you know the name of that model? He had one on display but can't recall what he said it was..

Yes, this is aluminum. It is the Super Turret. I also have a smaller hollywood turret and a Hollywood single die press. I am just learning the history of these presses, but I believe my single is called the senior and my small turret is related or evolved from the Universal

ray h
01-19-2008, 12:32 PM
Thor, you might want to call Joe or Margaret Mueller at 818-842-8376 for info. I'm probably wrong but I thought he told me they only made a 100 or so of the Senior Turrets and I thought most were steel. He has one on display and its BIG. There was a writer I spoke to several times that collects and was going to write an article on the Hollywood, his name was Ken Walters. He hangs out on an antique reloading tools site, I'll try to find it and PM you if you're interested.

MightyThor
01-22-2008, 01:17 AM
Thor, you might want to call Joe or Margaret Mueller at 818-842-8376 for info. I'm probably wrong but I thought he told me they only made a 100 or so of the Senior Turrets and I thought most were steel. He has one on display and its BIG. There was a writer I spoke to several times that collects and was going to write an article on the Hollywood, his name was Ken Walters. He hangs out on an antique reloading tools site, I'll try to find it and PM you if you're interested.

Thanks, I also have the Hollywood shotshell reloading dies for these turrets and several different Hollywood reloading dies.

georgeld
02-02-2008, 04:14 AM
Thor:
I see you made it over here too, that's great.
just discovered your posts on c/b last night.

IF you'll e/m me, let's discuss making a replacement rod for that broken one.
georgeld@hotmail.com

I just might be able to make you a new one. so let's talk it over there.