PDA

View Full Version : Saubier.Com Rifle

Jay T.
08-01-2008, 03:53 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v709/jaythomason/IMG_1916.jpg

This is a CZ 527 that started life as a .221 Fireball, but was converted over to 17 Mach IV. That song and dance comes a dime a dozen around here. What makes this rifle interesting is the following: I bought this rifle from Chuck who had Stephen Grant do the smith work (1/9 Pac Nor- note his signature snake scale finish on the barrel). I was able to buy this rifle because Skypilot had just bought an old Marlin 882 from me and Gary W. had just bought an old CZ stock (that originally came from Chuck), and both happened to have paid me about 5 minutes before. Doug Derner called dibs
if I decided not to buy. Ltek1 looked on with what I think was envy as I closed the deal. I got a Calhoon single shot follower for fathers' day and wanted to trim the bottom metal up a little. I talked to Ray H. who sent me detailed photos with measurements and diagrams of how he did his (his are much better than mine by the way). REM had an extra set of dies laying around that he was able to let go and also tossed in the loan of form die set. I bought the scope from Sicero (VX3 6.5-20) a while ago for another project, but hadn't used it, so put it on this rifle until I get something a little more suitable for the petite CZ.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v709/jaythomason/IMG_1912-1.jpg

If I count right, that's 10 (counting me) current or past board members that had something to do with this rifle. Small caliber brothers work in mysterious ways!

Jay T.

Kevin Gullette
08-01-2008, 04:08 AM
A project built by committee.....to say the least!! :)

Kevin

REM
08-01-2008, 12:02 PM
Looks nice.
Is it going to be ready to bring along next weekend so
we can see if it shoots as good as it looks.

GLWenzl
08-01-2008, 12:15 PM
Nicely done Jay and for some reason I like it a lot when the riffle has been a saubier community project.... (have a couple myself) Next time I will look around a lil bit before I hand you over any $$ LOL Can’t wait to see it in person Jay!!!

AlbertaAl
08-01-2008, 01:26 PM
You got a Calhoon single shot follower for Fathers Day...thats the best gift that I've ever heard of...hahha, i'm serious, I'd love to get to get gun parts for gifts.

JoeZ
08-01-2008, 05:14 PM
Let see if I can top that.

Sako Vixen bought from Kenny that was bought from Savage Dude
Timney trigger later bought from kenny
Brass formed by RayH
Gun Built by Bob Green
Dies bought from a board member
Jim Saubier lent me the reamer and gauge

Al Pencin bought a 6x18 which funded the 4.5x14
Several other board members bought items to fund it.

We might have a tie. I think you edge me out.
Mine is done too busy as of late to post pics.

These guys are pretty evil for tbeing such a helpful group.

AlbertaAl
08-02-2008, 02:34 AM
pays to hang out here and scratch each others back...

ltek1
08-02-2008, 01:03 PM
Yeah....I'm still kickin myself over that one

17VLD
08-05-2008, 03:32 AM
I wish I could have contributed something to the project:)
You guys covered it very well as always.
Matt

Jay T.
08-05-2008, 10:23 PM
I can add that 17VLD, Dan C. and Kevin Gullette were all on the same outing when this purchase took place. So in a way, you did contribute Matt.

Jay T.

REM
08-06-2008, 12:10 AM
Jay
As I read through this post it only it only seems fair that you pass this rifle around Saubier members and give everyone a chance to shoot and enjoy it as well.
A true Saubier.com rifle.
You can leave it with me this weekend and I will pass it on to Gary W in a week or two and then on from there.
Anyone interested just get on the list, wouldn't want anyone to be left out.

Richard

Jay T.
08-06-2008, 01:21 AM
Let me see how good it shoots, and then I'll make my decision on that.

Jay T.

RareBear
08-06-2008, 03:57 AM
Looks like I'm number 3 on the list, right behind Gary. :cool:

blackblue
11-16-2008, 01:29 AM
Add me to the list, the rifle is now in my hands......