PDA

View Full Version : Encore stock ideas needed

casts_by_fly
05-05-2009, 01:40 PM
Hi guys,

Just got my MGM 17 AH (20", 1/2" muzzle dia.). The difference in weight between this one and the 24" heavy barrel 223 is significant. I'd put it a pound and a half or two pounds at least.

So I'm thinking I'd like to lighten the whole thing up a bunch and the wood stock looks to be a place to cut down. I was thinking about going to a custom 'wire framed' stock. I saw a picture somewhere (here I think) that was two pieces of 1/2" pipe connected to two plates to make a rectangle. Back end had a butt pad, front connected to the frame. I'm thinking to do something similar here and looking for ideas how to do it.

I don't have welding equipment or machining anything. I have a dremel tool, jig saw, sander, etc. I was thinking the crude way to do it would be two pieces of all thread, a steel plate on each end, a butt pad on the back, and something for the front. I'd have to add a cheekpiece.

Anyone have some ideas? Doesn't have to be perfect, just looking for a project.

Thanks,
Rick

ray h
05-05-2009, 02:07 PM
Rick, I got a folding stock for the Contender years ago from Fox Ridge. You might want to touch base with them.