PDA

View Full Version : My new 5mm Rem Mag rifle

arfdk
09-22-2009, 08:10 PM
Finally, after almost a year, my new rifle is ready :)

The rifle is based on a Schultz & Larsen M61 target shooting action.
It,s a singleshot, cock on close system with two rear lucking lugs.
I have added a boltstop, a loading ramp and milled a dovetail for the scope.
The barrel is a cutrifled 12 inch twist S&L barrel with diameter 0.827 and lenght 26 inches.
The two stage trigger system set at one pound.
The scope is a Leupold VX-III 6.5 - 20 X 40mm.
The stock is a modified walnut hunting stock.
Total weight including scope is 9 pounds.
I took some photos of the rifle, including my first test shooting at 50 and 100 yards.
Comments are welcome :)

http://s769.photobucket.com/albums/xx333/arfdk/

fat cat
09-22-2009, 09:58 PM
That is one cool rifle great job! Are you shooting the new 5mm ammo or is it a centerfire 5mm? ~ Fatty

arfdk
09-22-2009, 10:19 PM
At the moment, I use the original Remington ammo, but I am looking for the new Aguila ammo, but it's hard to find in Europe. If someone knows anything, please let me know

:confused::)

GLWenzl
09-23-2009, 12:39 AM
Awesome! That is the coolest 5mm Mag I have seen yet!!! I like it a lot and looks like it shoots well too! If ammo is hard to come by in your neck of the woods you need some brass & dies and reload for that sweetheart!!! Thanks for sharing, I am impressed… hey I like your bench… maybe a couple rear tires AWD and a motor too… looks like the seat height is adj (I would need a seat with a back on it) and the handles probably pull out??? Nice!

Eric A
09-23-2009, 01:47 AM
http://i36.tinypic.com/34h6fpu.jpgThose S/L rifles are tops in my book....I'm seriously planning on buying one soon. I had the honor of shooting a new S/L Victory model last spring in 6.5x55 calibre. That was at a weekend shoot at Ulfborg,Denmark...also went through the S/L factory while I was there and had a personal tour through the plant with owner..Jørgen Neilsen.

arfdk
04-18-2010, 06:39 PM
Finally, after almost a year, my new rifle is ready :)

The rifle is based on a Schultz & Larsen M61 target shooting action.
It,s a singleshot, cock on close system with two rear lucking lugs.
I have added a boltstop, a loading ramp and milled a dovetail for the scope.
The barrel is a cutrifled 12 inch twist S&L barrel with diameter 0.827 and lenght 26 inches.
The two stage trigger system set at one pound.
The scope is a Leupold VX-III 6.5 - 20 X 40mm.
The stock is a modified walnut hunting stock.
Total weight including scope is 9 pounds.
I took some photos of the rifle, including my first test shooting at 50 and 100 yards.
Comments are welcome :)

http://s769.photobucket.com/albums/xx333/arfdk/

I really need some advice, I hope someone can help me.
I have tried very hard to find 5mm Rem Mag ammo here in Denmark/Europe, but with no luck.
So I have two options left, one,I can send the rifle on pension when I have used my remaining ammo or, two, I can modify the rifle into a caliber that I can reload.
Of the two versions I prefer # 2.
I know of the Craig conversion, but I can't import any cases or ammo from USA.
My idea now, is to use the Hornet case which is avaible here.
I am thinking of the 20 Ackley Hornet.
I am sure my action is strong enough and making a new bolt is not a problem.
What do you think? I am not a skilled handloader but I am willing to give it a try.
Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Best regards
Frank
Denmark