PDA

View Full Version : Savage Accutrigger

redrock ranger
03-29-2010, 08:41 PM
I bought a used 12BVSS in 223 . Sighted it in last week and in the process the ACCUTRIGGER started locking up ???? It could be dry fired and would occasionall work correctly then start this locking problem .. Anyone have any ideas on this . Thanks .

rfurman24
03-29-2010, 09:47 PM
Are you pulling the trigger before the blade? Is is set too light?

trotterlg
03-29-2010, 10:53 PM
If they are set too light or incorrectly, they will not stay cocked properly and jump down and be caught by the safety mechenisim of the blade part of the accutrigger. If you look at how they work you will see what I am trying to tell about. Larry

MikeCTX
03-30-2010, 01:38 AM
another possibility, some shooters come in from the side rather than pulling straight back. If you push the blade to the side it will cause this as well. Check over on www.savageshooters.com for more info. You could always replace it with a Rifle-Basix or Sharp shooter supply trigger if you do not like the Accutrigger - some do some don't (I get along fine with mine :) )

Dean2
04-10-2010, 03:57 PM
x3 on the set wrong, plus if you move the trigger blade at all, front, back, to the side or whatever, after you cock it, without depressing the centre balde first it will lock up.