Saubier.com

Saubier.com (http://www.saubier.com/forum/index.php)
-   Project Guns (http://www.saubier.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Help with CZ-527 magazine catch spring assembly (http://www.saubier.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17693)

hemiallen 03-16-2012 02:55 PM

Help with CZ-527 magazine catch spring assembly

One of my main complaints on the cz-527 is the funky parts to hold the magazine in it's well.

I have my gun currently apart and am looking at the PDF CZ has for the gun disassembled, and I can not for the life of me figure out how the flat clip with the tab holds the part you press to release the magazine.

Anyone have a picture of how to put this back together, I would appreciate it.

Thank you very much

Allen

Mike Casselton 03-16-2012 03:50 PM

I can't tell you the answer to that but I can tell you it goes together much better if you have the magazine in the bottom metal before you reinstall it.

Remmynut 03-17-2012 02:58 AM

Or a video LOL

Or a video and make this a "sticky". I can get it in but ......not doing it right, I cant be. Whatta PIA.

:p

crazyhorse 03-17-2012 06:22 AM

My method is to leave the mag well in the wood and position the mag catch where it belongs in the mag well. Now position the barreled action upside down and put that tab/spring in position on the action with the action upside down. The tab/spring fits in the recess milled next to the bottom hole in the action. With the action upside down the tab/spring doesnt fall out. Next place the stock with the bottom metal onto the barreled action with it still upside down. Mine goes into place with very few cuss words and/or frustration. Need to make sure the tab/spring puts pressure on the mag catch and all is OUTSIDE of the magwell/bottom metal. Once everything is back together proper the mag will snap in and out with ease.
Matt

sicero 03-25-2012 03:41 PM

Put the little washer type spring in the slot in the action with the little tab
resting on the side of the mag well.
Now with the magazine removed, install the bottom metal with the thumb release lever in the slots in the bottom metal.
Now install the bottom metal. The release lever cannot fall out now.
Holding the bottom metal into the stock. At the same time holding the release lever away from the bottom metal, out towards the stock.
The action with the washer spring installed will go in easy.
As soon as you get it together, push on the release lever toward the bottom metal. You will now feel the spring.
If it is easier for you, put the action in first. Install the bottom metal, holding the lever away from the bottom metal. It will go right in.
The position of the trigger on one of my rifles will not let me install the action first. Kenny

The short version.
[ Hold the end of the release lever away from the bottom metal.]

hemiallen 03-26-2012 11:05 AM

Thank you.

So the spring doesn't clip in the slot and stay in place , ie hold itself onto the bottom metal?

I got a new clip / spring part, now I can't find the lever part..... Rrrrrr

Anyone have an extra magazine latch part?

Allen

Super X 03-26-2012 07:17 PM

trouble

I had devil of a time putting a 527 back together because whom ever bedded it made it so tight that I'm sure it was never meant to come apart. Not paying close enough attention I bent my clip to a perfect 90 as I was forcing the rifle back together. A fella here had 1 extra and was kind enough to send it to me. I have yet to stick it back in as I have a single shot adapter nicely jammed in place. SX

sicero 03-26-2012 10:14 PM

Maybe I don't bed them right but they only touch on the back pillar and on the front just from the mag well forward.
There can be a lot of room around where the spring and lever go beside the mag well. Kenny

luke wady 04-07-2012 10:02 PM

that springy plate

i work o a few of this and have found a dab of super glue to hold it to the action dose no harm:)