View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007, 03:26 AM

Default Thanks to all of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox View Post
I have no experience with AA2700 in the .204 Ruger, but I did try many test loads with AA2700 and the 30 gr. Kindler Gold bullets in my .17 Remington. My experience is that it is quite temperture sensitive and up here in North DaColder I like to use powders that don't mind wide changes in temperature.

Accurate Arms does not list AA2700 for the .204 Ruger in their load data. It is out on the slow end for burn rate and may work with heavier bullets in the .204 Ruger, but be careful. I guess you could contact Accurate Arms and see if they would have a guesstimate on starting and maximum loads for you.

I have found H4895 to be one of my favorite powders for the .204 Ruger. I also use AA2520. I did use Rel 10X with the 39 gr. Sierras until I tried a different lot of that powder and had some nasty results.
I have been looking at the Rugerhunting site, but didnt see much on the Accurate powders. Thanks for the heads up about the temp. sensitive 2700. That is good to know as I was in the process of working up a .17 Rem load here in the cold.