View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 01:23 AM

I see Stephen has the same idea.

Friend of mine, now passed away, made me a die that converted .308 to 6mm BR in one pass - no failures - slam dunk - lube very lightly and size. The reason for this move to 6mm(or close), when I needed them to be .30 BR, was due to the fact that a #1 drill was the correct size to run down the die for true inside neck reaming and truing the case in one step so the necks were the right thickness for my .30BR. They were then necked up to .30 for fire forming and shooting.
A .308 die will shove the shoulder of a .30/06 back over 1/2', so why won't a set of .22-250 dies do the work of converting .308's to .22-250's?

I'd simply try the Seater first, seating stem removed, then trim to length, then FL size and load. Might have to inside neck ream them.

This makes me wonder why a company wants a person to buy 3 or 4 dies to push a neck back 2/10's inch and taper the case.

My .308's down to 6BR was in one step, trim to length, ream, neck up to .30 and done. The .22-250's should be even easier.

Of course if someone is willing to pay the money for something they don't need, someone else will make them a tool to buy to fill that need or desire.