View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 07:23 AM

I used it in my Ruger because it was the ammo most suited in terms of accuracy. It just so happened to have a high MV which gave a good short range fox round. However, at not much over 100 yards (my fox limit) because of the poor BC, the Remington 33 BT took over in terms of energy. Unfortunately, it (RWS) also happened to be the most expensive such that reloading the Hornet was more financially viable.
The critical bit was the fact that the older rounds discussed above had a nasty habit of splitting around the rim and spitting hot powder in one's face - fortunately I wear glasses. I bought these over the shop counter and the importer replaced them without a murmer - I've always figured that this was known about and is the reason why the latest loads are slower as I had no further problems and the foxes still fell down.