View Single Post
Old 07-11-2022, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtinNC View Post
I'd have who ever did your barrel chamber make the dies for your gun a gun smith will do it .
He probably did, back in 50's. But this gun has passed through a number of hands since then and dies did not come with.

Haven't had an opportunity to do anything with the dies yet. Chaos reigned as we gathered all our family-kids from MN, MD and IL for 4th of July week.

And, I have no desire to go to the Gun club in 100+ degree weather in OK. Loads would be off because temperature for one thing. And this old man just does not enjoy the heat.

But we still have one daughter still here and I am ready to go out in the shop and hide--shop is air conditioned. No little bullets to load. (This is the sad part of leaving Montana) I need to develop loads for 450/400 3", .303 (pre) British and 7 x 57 Mauser. I need to reload the .308 Norma Mag. and since the Daughter isn't going home for another week, I might as well load up some of these .404 Barnes Express using this new Whidden die set.

I will say this about this set of Whidden dies, they make a beautiful set of tools.