View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 01:30 PM

Default CZ 527 parts info

Just because I am always pinching pennies, I though I'd share what I just learned. It may be old news to all, but what the heck.

I have a pair of 527's in 22 Hornet, and flat hate the CZ ring's and their height. I much prefer a lower scope mount, even though I always seem to have a 40mm AO objective lens. All I could find to fix that situation was Clahoun's Hunker Mounts and his modified bolt handle, both fine workmanship but a little pricey for a coyote gun I'm going to paint camo anyway.

While on CZ's website getting a replacement stock I saw they now make a lower profile bolt handle for 35.00. Part number looks to be 5270-0631-08ND. FYI Calhoun's is 48.00 plus your bolt handle in exchange. Well I bought it to see how much it helps.

I also bought the Warne 1" medium rings part #1B1M which are supposed to be .425 from base to bottom of ring. They were about 45.00 from MidwayUSA, as opposed to the Hunker mounts at 84.00.

I also got the BobSled single loader form MidwayUSA for 50% off. 17.50 was a heck of a deal!

Anyway, I mounted the rings on the 2012 year 527 Hornet with a Leupold 4-12 40mm AO scope. The rear ring has a machine screw that serves as a recoil stop fitting into the notch in the receiver. That was a poor fit due to the angle of the notch. I just unscrewed it and chucked it in the drawer - dont think my hornet recoils THAT much! So once that was solved the scope went on, and lo and behold I have good clearance on the objective lens. Well I give it a try and the stock bolt handle was a no go. Off comes the scope and trade to the new bolt handle and it has at least .100 clearance!

Very cool, and fewer pennies. Just some info someone else may be able to use.

Tom

Last edited by thskeer; 01-28-2014 at 01:32 PM.