Thread: Bullet Coatings
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 11:24 PM
Banned

Default Bullet Coatings

I was curious to see if any of you are using a Bullet Coating by the name of Rooster Jacket?
I just recently spoke to the owner of the company that produces this product and he assures me that its one of the best bullet coatings available on the market today. Originally it was designed to be used for lead bullets, however many shooters also use it on copper jacketed bullets to reduce barrel fouling.
According to the manufacturer "Rooster Jacket is one of the most versatile bullet lubricants in the world, this water-based liquid lube dries to a glossy clear, hard, tough, waterproof waxy film of high-tech lube which is tightly bonded to cast or swaged bullets. It contains no volatile solvents, but it does contain rust preventatives for steel, and corrosion inhibitors for brass and copper. The cured film has a melting point of 210º F."

After speaking with the owner of the company I believe this product is similar to what Todd Kindler calls his SPL bullet coating. Although the owner of the company says the Rooster Jacket product has a higher melting point than SPL and also dries to a much harder coating than SPL so that it wont rub off when dried.

I would like to hear people's thoughts on this and also see if anyone would be interested in trying some.