Thread: Cooper Arms
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honest hop View Post
ramos-- a friend of mine that is a rabid, and I mean rabid fur guy. traps hunts, calls, interned for two winters on reed lake Manitoba with noted trapper Corky Peterson. friend tho had a cooper 223 that went to shooting nuts. he sent it in. it was a single shot I believe. he had an elastic cartridge/shell holder glued to the stock. man this guy uses his equip. they sent the rifle back with a nasty note bitching about the 'looks' it had acquired. of course some of us hold grudges longer than others. our troubles were before dan cooper was removed from his own company. friend now uses a Kimber. loves it. I don't think coopers have the 'ruggedness' needed for tough times in the hunt. my .02 -hoppy
I have owned twelve Coopers, and I still own seven. My very first Cooper was a touch erratic in the accuracy department, so Cooper rebarreled it. Every one of the other eleven Cooper rifles will meet the accuracy guarantee , with most doing much better. I live in Canada, and I spent most of my life in far Northern Alberta, so these rifles have seen use in tough conditions, and no failures of any kind with any of them.