View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 06:25 PM

Dean, I gotta disagree with you.

A Martini is NOT a Rolling Block. It's a Martini, so not a falling block either. It's, well, a Martini.

Nice looking Roller, btw.

SteveB, Take a look around for a Falling block Works Model K action. Apparently still available. Maybe someone here can come up with contact info or a more current situation report.

Cape Girardeau Outfitters imported some Italian made actions that were sold as Fraser's, that were sold in the white, as U-finish kits. Nice looking little falling block with an internal hammer, but it had some issues with the steep angle of the firing pin through the block, and had a tendency to lock the action shut when the pin would not retract. Maybe you have the capability to play around with something like that, or not. I had a near miss on buying one, that strangely enough, was locked shut at the time, and have since found out how close I came to being unhappy with it. That said, if I found one cheap enough...

Other than that, you pretty much duke it out over the few High and Low wall Winchester 1885 actions that are around, or buy one of the modern ones. Or look at the Stevens 44 1/2, original or new built. Not much else out there in a falling block, suitable for a Hornet.

Cheers
Trev