View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
After the comments and a closer look I think somthing is wrong. It says a barreled action intended to be an Ultra Wildcat. That would mean a 17/223 no? It says it is a .223.

Either it was just an action and barreled in .223 by an unkown maker or this is a .17/223 and the seller doesn't know what it is.

And I agree with you Kevin that stock takes away alot from the gun. (and by the way you wouldn't by chance want to part with one of those 317 barrels would you?)
Kevin is correct. Although called the "Ultra Wildcat" it was chambered in 17, 222, 223 Rem as well as the 17/223. He also touches on the ongoing debate among Sako collectors whether the barrels were Sako, added by H&R or both. I've never seen a dovetailed 317, so don't know if they exist. This is just a parts gun, & the only part with value is the action. I have never seen a 317, even if original & in good condition, sell for over $1000. All the true Sako L46's & L461's I have purchased were all under $1000. The last one in November, a L469 for $750. Sometimes I thinks these guys just don't honestly know what they have, but the market will bring him back to reality. The asking prices on the auction sites usually don't reflect what they actually sell for, which is a lot less!