View Single Post
Old 07-21-2007, 02:01 PM

Default Weaver Warranty

To the gentleman that said I had just joined several sites and posted the same thing. That is somewhat correct however I have been a member of Varmint hunters site for some time and a member of the organization since they first appeared but I rarely post. You can look me up in the members section there. Everything I stated in the post was fact. I even under estimated the time on hold. Your time may vary. What I didn't post was that the Service Manager (I believe that was his title) called me back. He told me that they are getting numerous complaints about this and wanted me to email Weaver. I told him I was through with Weaver and I would email him the web sites where I posted my comments which I will Monday morning. I checked my warranty card and it said NOTHING about a sales receipt. I told him I did not understand how they could change their warranty policy and have it include purchases prior to the change and he did not have an answer. Even though he seemed like a nice guy you have to understand I had already made several phone calls over 2-3 days and yes I was on hold for over a TOTAL of 2 hours and that is consevative. This rates amont the worst service dept.I have ever dealt with. And yes when I hit "0" for the operator it did send me to a voice mail box that said it was full and was not accepting any messages (like a dummy I tried this on 2 different occassions) then you have to hang up and call again. I will admit that the last time i called it was only 20 minutes hold time before I got to speak to them. As far as Weavers side of the story I was told by the service person that answered the phone that people were sending in old telescopes (yes telescopes maybe he meant rifle scopes but he said telescopes and quoted model #'s) saying that people were returning them and they felt like these people were not the original owner hence the VP making the change. I have nothing to gain from this other than a lesson learned. I just wanted to make everyone of the Warranty policy that Weaver has instituted before they buy or try and send one back.

TKS
Roger