Thread: Bullet Coatings
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 03:58 PM
Supporting Member

I've used SPL and I think it would do the same thing you're talking about if bullets wet with it were put on a hard surface to dry. With it you take a glob about the size of a pea and put it in a plastic film canister with an equal amount of water. You then heat it for just a few seconds in the microwave. Ya put several hundred bullets in a glass bowl and pour the liquid SPL over em and shake the bowl to coat em. After shaking around a bit ya pour the bullets out on a paper towel and let em dry, it's just that simple.
Having used SPL which I can't honestly say I think did anything, which was after getting all caught up in the Moly craze when it came out and never seeing a clean white patch again (anyone want to buy a full NECO kit? ), I've come up with what works for me. I buy good barrels and break em in thoroughly according to a modified Lilga, Pac-Nor, Precision Shooting technique combo that I put together using Greg Tannel's input on Colloidal Graphite, and haven't shot anything but naked bullets for years and then cleaned the barrel well and coated it with the colloidal graphite. I don't own a barrel that I consider to have a fouling problem (they go bye-bye ).
That said if someone can "prove" to me something like that Rooster Jacket actually worked I'm all ears but I'm to old to buy anymore snake oil at this point, or at least I hope so .