View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 03:00 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by long shot View Post
Has anyone gotten there hands on any yet and if so---how are the results? Last I checked was at Scheels in St. Cloud late in November and nothing on the shelves yet. I just sent for alliants new powder data looking for some results. Advertising to duplicate factory loads otherwise unobtainable---Got a feeling they are talking the 204R Hornady loads. I'm ashamed to print this in public however the best group printed from my(stock) 700 vss in 204 came out of a box of Hornady factory ammo .305. I've used their brass, same bullets and 4 types of powder and my best combo came out at .430. My first humbling experience of not being able to trump a factory load in either velocity or accuracy. Really hoping this powder will vindicate me of this experience!!!

Aaron
Real quick and certainly not hi-jacking the thread but 10X and 39 grain Blitzkings (sorry Hornady) exceeds the velocity of the 40 grain load as well as greatly improves the accuracy in my rifle. The 32 grain V-Max's don't get Hornadys claimed 4,200+ but they do clock 4,100+ and are more accurate. The 39's are all I load in it cause they are definitely the all around winning load.

As to the new powder, what new powder? There are no new powders in my life. If what I have stocked up now don't get er done I'm in trouble cause I am no longer a consumer .