Thread: Ruger VT?
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog Devastation View Post
I've owned several of the VT or Target Gray versions and they have been the most consistently well performing models of anything with the Ruger name on it I have ever messed with.
And I am a certified "Cooperholic"!!! These Rugers are not Cooper level shooters but they are a darn fine rifle at a price that doesn't break the bank and for the most part don't need to be "redone" like the Remington "kit guns" do before performing. I've owned them in 22PPC, 6PPC, 25-06, 22-250 and 204 and would not hesitate to try more. I think they are right there with the Savage VLP's as far as out of the box accuracy. Have toyed without the idea of messing with one in 6.5Creedmore.
I agree with all of that, and I have and love Coopers. I am just more trying to figure out, if they are so bad as you hear, why aren't there more of them on the used market. They are there, most of the time, and never very numerous.

The 11th Commandment: Thou shallt not fold thy Pizza.

Products that I am looking for but can't seem to find no matter how hard I look:
Leopold Scopes, Forester reloading equipment and Victorianox knives.

I video recorded all of my Highpower Rifle matches. Pretty soon I am going to watch them all in reverse order so that I can watch those F Class guys GO HOME and leave us alone so that we can shoot Highpower Rifle.