View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 04:38 AM
Supporting Member

TOU, Welcome mate. A very interesting link. I have done a bit of research since the comments have appeared, and like you found there is very little info out there. It seems there were two models a ZKW-465 hornet and a ZKW-465 fox, the latter in the other cals mentioned. Ive been collecting for 40 years and never seen or even heard of one. I am waiting on a reply from a collector in Australia to see if he can shed light on the subject.

Kiwi, would love to see a photo of the barrel markings on these rifles to see if the word fox appears after the 465 stamping. Also the date they were made would be of help in researching them. Dont confuse this with the brno fox of the early 70s. Your friend is indeed very lucky for these must be two very rare rifles. To address your concerns with my asking price, and I must confess why it is giving you heartburn I dont understand. I based my price on three rifles I saw listed on Guns America and Gunbroker, they $900.00, $1100.00 and $1800.00 USD. This indicated to me that this model would fetch a better price in the states than here. I decided to place the rifle in the hope of achieving the best price, that is what selling is about. You will notice the rifle included a good bit of kit with it and postage from N.Z. will be approx $100.00. I still consider the asking price fair based on the availablity of the rifle in the U.S. It is up to any prospective purchaser to negotiate with the seller by email or PM, this is the way these things are normally conducted. Re import costs to the U.S. I have no idea and based on the number of firearms I have imported to N.Z. and Australia I would guesss the price is set by the dealer, export licences from the U.S. vary from $75.00 to $400.00 USD depending on who you use. Regard the export permit from N.Z. The Act was amended in 2005 so you must have squeezed through just in time. I have just exported a savage 99 and it got held by customs at Auckland awaiting the export docs

Johno

Last edited by johno; 02-22-2009 at 04:40 AM.