View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 10:24 PM
Supporting Member

Hi Johno,

Nope not a different model as they are marked ZKW 465, and do not have Fox marked on them anywhere. The barrels are also original so they haven't been rebarrelled and they look identical to my '55 ZKW 465
Perhaps you have a difinitive history for the ZKW 465 of what was made and I can notify my friend that his 218 Bee and 222 rifles are fakes. I have held and inspected all of his Brno rifles along with his Sako collection.

I have seen ZKW 465's in excellent condition sell here for around NZ$1200 which at todays exchange rate is approx US$600, while AU$1200 translates to about US$770.

I'm sure if you put it up on TradeMe you would get an indication of current market value as there seems to be quite a few collectors of Brno rifles buying on there.

As for the requirement of an export permit, the last time I exported a firearm in 2006 I was told I didn't require an export permit......perhaps different officials have a different take on the laws. The rifle arrived where it was sent with no problems.

BTW have you heard the price of import permits from the US has increased in cost to about US$350 per application, puts quite a significant cost onto purchasing firearms related gear from the US.

I look forward to viewing a difinitive history of the Brno ZKW 465.

Good luck with the sale.

Cheers