View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 04:22 AM

Smile

Dean,

I was thinking of using the S-die in the same way but had already ordered the Bullberry and it's now here. May still order the S-bushing as I will have a s - - t load of brass to form... I did just poke a fired Win 22 Hornet into the Bullberry 20 former end and it reduces it to .222, any reason you suggested the .226 S-Bushing? The neck on the fired win case measured .243 before forming. I'm going to order the busing tomorrow morning so hopefully you'll get this tonight yet.

Previously I had said I could not find 22 hornet privi brass anywhere so ended up purchasing 400 rounds of loaded privi 22 hornet ammo. No sooner does it get here than Graf & Son gets privi brass in... So now I'm going to order another 400 cases of virgin brass to start to work with and that will let me shoot off the 22 H through my CZ 527 Lux at my leisure. It's hell on grekles, I've got pine trees around the property and lot's of feathers floating around.

Got my 17HH ready to go, bedded it this weekend. Called the factory and asked them to send me another rear action screw steel stock sleeve. I then cut it to lenght for the front action screw, drilled the stock hole out on the drill press and used Acra-Glass to epoxy it in. CZ-USA sent it to me no charge. They should have it there in the first place, would only cost them a couple pennies. After both sleeves in place then bedded the tang and the front of the action and about the first inch and a half of the bbl. Also had to work on the trigger. This is my second CZ 527 so I'm familiar with them but this one was reallllly rough. Stoned it and honed it a bit and much better. Also going to try the Dyna-Tek Bore treatment, hoping to keep fouling to a minimum. Might not be an issue with the speed of this round but have heard that 17 can foul so thought it could not hurt.