View Single Post
Old 11-21-2022, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher View Post
Thanks again folks for the feedback! Well I have yet to talk with some one who truly progressive reloads our smaller than 223 cartridges. Seems the auto powder drop is the biggest obstacle. I may still set it up and use it manually after annealing and trimming. Then decide how to manually throw powder. It still should save a bunch of handling time. It will be kinda like a turret press I guess. I wont even try the 17's
I actually do load .22 Hornet fully progressive but I can see how it sounded in my first post, sorry. I use LiL'Gun and it meters fine through the dillion powder measure like most ball powders. I also load the .218 MB with H4198 progressively, no issues.

With the .17 AH I load what I call semi-progressively. I do not take the case out of the press. There is a Dillon powder funnel set up that works with the Dillon powder funnel insert and goes in place of the powder measure. You set it so when the case is at the top of the stroke it is ready for powder which I dispense with the CM. After pouring powder from the CM I bring the ram back down, advance the shell plate, insert new case and set a bullet for seating and raise the ram to seat bullet. By that time the CM has dispensed a new charge of powder and I leave the ram in the upper position and dump powder. I works really well for the .17's and is surprisingly easy to load a lot of rounds quickly.