Thread: Noise Level
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 04:44 PM

I am with William T. in that the 17AH with the 20 grain V-Max has more crack sound to the report even when compared to the 25 grain V-Max. I noticed this in my recent switch to my 20 grain load. It has been a while since I shot my TC G2 Contender in 22 Hornet but the report of the round just does not have that higher pitch or crack. In the long run though the difference between the various rounds is very little. The report is a lot less than many of the larger cases making it a pleasure to shoot. I have to say my experience most livestock pays very little attention to our shooting. Just a couple a days ago I shot my 17AH around some horses for the first time and they paid no mind. Also when my brother and I check our rifles zeros before a prairie dog trip the cows tend come over to our area to check things out. One time they continued to graze only a few yards a way as I cut loose with my 6AI. The only noise issues we tend to have is with people, particularly with the city transplants out in the country. Bill