View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 02:57 PM

!!!!well heres an update on the 222. I have it back now! I decided to take a chance with the gunsmiths 222 reamer, it was a tight neck which was what I wanted also I wanted to have the rifle by the time I left Idaho. I picked up the rifle in the Uhaul on my way out of town lol. I got the rifle home and measured the free bore and I can't touch the rifleing with a 50 vmax still in the case, which I don't mind actually (as long as it shoots good) He told me he would re-ream it later at no charge if I wanted to change it to a no turn neck and so on.

I had to widen the barrel channel and now the cheap plastic stock is to flexible and touches the barrel with any amount of pressure. I was extremely excited to shoot it so I whipped up some loads of IMR 4198 and 40 nos BT and went out! shooting off my tail gate with the sand bag right in front of my trigger gaurd I got it sighted in (showing some promise) and then tried a couple of three shot groups. I was a little unsturdy shooting off my tail gate and where the sandbag was placed, but I couldn't wait! The two groups I shot were in the .5 range. pretty happy with that considering my stock, rest and one of my first loads(started low checking for pressure).

I ordered a boyds uninleted blank which should be here today. Once I get the rifle in it I will start working on my loading.