View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 09:12 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerBob View Post
I would imagine that we will not see loads with Superperformance powder, it has a burn rate of about H4831. It works great in my 22-250 AI and 224 Durham Jet.

I plan on building a Hornidy Hornet on a Low Wall here in the near future. So I think that the same powders that I'm using in my Ackley Hornets will be the same that I use in the Hornidy Hornet. I was kind of hoping that we would see Hornidy come out with 17gr Vmax for the reloader with the introduction of this cartridge. I was told buy n insider that they are going to make another run of 17gr bullets in July, I hope they build a few extra.

Bob
So you are saying that you believe the powder in the .17 Hornady Hornet is of a comparable burn rate to H4831? That would be an incredibly slow powder for a case this size . Is it possible you were thinking it has a burn rate closer to H4198?
Ooop's, check that. Hornady is advertising a lot of different ammo using their "Superformance" powders on their website I see so it's obvious they must have a lot of different powders they call "Superformance". I hadn't seen that before but it's for sure they aren't loading the .300Win Mag the .204 Ruger and the .17 Hornet with the same powder, guess I learned something today . Not reading gun magazines and only hanging out here at Saubier doesn't teach a guy much about what the rest of the shooting world is up to .