View Single Post
Old 07-21-2007, 04:10 PM

I read almost the exact same complain recently about a Simmons scope (same company as Weaver) from a long time member of that forum.

I am cursed with the ability to see both sides of most arguments. Speaking ONLY in generalities here, not about Roger in particular.

I think folks that abuse warranties and return policies ruin it for people with legitimate complaints. Of course, the company should honor their warranty policy. I'm guessing the rub in Weaver's "Limited Lifetime" warranty is that it is only to the original owner? I feel that kind'o of sort'a implies that you may have to prove that you are the original owner, i.e. sales receipt.

Roger, is it possible that you may be able to get a replacement receipt from wherever you bought it? Due to the lack of any local stores I do most of my trading online. At Midway for instance, I can acess a history of everything I have ever bought from them (pretty damn scary to look at, I tell you).

Anyway, sorry for your troubles, I do like my new Weaver K-4 and think it is a heck of a value for the money.