Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 11-19-2014, 05:18 AM

Pretty tuff to deal with a lost eye or metal in the face when a side wall lets loose.. Good luck..
Old 11-19-2014, 01:45 PM

Default High Plains Brass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Anderson View Post
Pretty tuff to deal with a lost eye or metal in the face when a side wall lets loose.. Good luck..
Another really good reason to always, always wear shooting glasses along with ear protection when we are shooting. Bill K
Old 11-19-2014, 04:22 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Anderson View Post

Tim no flies on that argument, but I have had that issue (blowing sidewall or head) with factory brass in factory chambers. So where is the line drawn? You can only make a controlled ignition of 60K PSI so safe. If you want to negate all risk, then one must not take the risk, thus stop shooting.

Like I said, you're argument is a completely valid one, but it's no more dangerous than shooting brass from the factory or actions you haven't Magnafluxed, new ones to be included.

Adam
Old 11-19-2014, 04:59 PM

Your right about hearing protection and safety glasses..
Been shooting as long as most and have never had factory ammo or even new brass fail unless I did something wrong on my part...
I don't buy or use brass that has been fired in someone else's rifle or use brass/ loads used in another of my rifles with same chambering, just looking for trouble.. Pretty tuff to find two rifles with the same head spacing and when a round is fired in a different rifle you will get a separation in the webb area or worse in the shoulder, either way stuff is going to fly back in your face and damage can and will be done to the chamber and bolt face...
Yep I'm guilty, tried it once to save a few bucks, not worth it... anyway be safe........
Old 01-29-2015, 07:53 PM

Default Thanks!

To everyone that has posted here, thanks for the feedback, we try to drop by here and participate in the forum when we can, we stay pretty busy cranking the handles. Just wanted to make a couple comments to address some of the topics discussed in this thread.
The brass that we are currently working with in this lot, probably came from M4s and not 249s. Previous lots we have purchased have had lots of linking mixed in with the brass, this lot only had stripper clips, we were very glad to see that.
As some of you have noticed we send 5% more than you buy, we want to make sure you get what you pay for, we do runs of 3-4000 pieces at a time so we don’t claim to catch every imperfection, if you feel like you are being shorted, we will certainly make it right. We are glad to be a part of this community and we have been quite successful here so far.
We are very pleased that you are finding our brass to be a fair priced alternative to the non-existent factory brass.

Thank you all for your business.
Sincerely, Eric and Bryon.