Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 09-30-2014, 01:57 AM
Supporting Member

George, Good luck in the morning, will be thinking of ya..
Old 09-30-2014, 11:21 AM

George, do you want us to behave or be careful. I cannot do both.
Pete
Old 09-30-2014, 12:42 PM

Good luck with the op George, I had a triple level fusion done on my lower back in 2006, its still holding up and most things work as they should, just cant bend more than around 90 degrees to the front, don't let them tell you that sex is not a form of physiotherapy .
Old 09-30-2014, 02:53 PM
Supporting Member

Good luck with the procedure, George. Behave yourself during the recovery.
Old 10-01-2014, 02:57 AM

Thumbs up Wish you a speedy recovery

Wish you well George. Hope you recover soon and are feeling better than you have felt for years
Galatians 5:22-23New Living Translation (NLT)

22 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!
Old 10-08-2014, 01:55 AM

Good luck George.
Old 10-08-2014, 02:11 AM
Supporting Member

Hope all is very well at this point for you George.

Don
Old 10-08-2014, 06:18 AM

Had an email from Jack who is a friend of George from MD. He tells me George is home. Also told me his PC is back getting fixed again. I am not sure if anyone is taking care of George or not at this time as Jack was going to call him to find out more info.

Pete
Old 10-08-2014, 06:36 AM

George is doing okay.
He has a day care nurse calling on him 3 times a week and he managed to get himself to K'Mart for his meds. He also took his own PC in for re- booting.
Ken.
Old 10-09-2014, 12:10 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld
Default About time, I'm back finally

Don't know why but, seems whenever I unplug this system a few days it flat will not work again. Today, after rebooting both the tower and modem til my fingers were blistered. a trip to the store with the tower and then back to find it wouldn't work yet.

I called the phone company and had a tech come out today. Rare when they'll do that the same day. This guy tested things for an hour before claiming "the caller ID shorted out inside, (yet it still worked???), and cooked both the modem and routing box outside". Once I left the room a few min, he'd packed up and was headed out the door. Claimed he'd replaced everything and it was working now. Without turning the system on to check? Well, I must admit it does!

Far as the back surgery deal. No idea how long it took him. Next morning a PT and I took a short walk of 120' around the hall. 220' that afternoon. next day was even longer. Finally Friday morning she wrote down 550' all in one hike.

The hard part and fully what I expected. They wouldn't let me sleep there either. Don't think I got a full three hours sleep any one night. Friday when the doc came in I laid it all over him about the lack of sleep, rest etc. Inconsiderate sob's turning the brightest light on right in my face then leaving for half hr til I called the nurse's to bark about it.
That I wanted to go home, where I can sleep and rest as needed in a decent bed. As long as I have help putting my socks n shoes on I can still get all the walking done I need to do. SO screw his three more weeks in rehab.
"Ok, you can go home in the morning". Sis brought me home Sat, bil drove my car back. Things have been doing well other than the 'puter problems again. And yes, I pulled it down, UPS driver carried it to the car. Store clerk hauled it in n out, I got the wheel chair and rolled it in myself and hooked it up etc. Determination is all it takes guys!!

As Kenbro said: I've got OT once a week, going to get me some toy to put my socks on with, and assist the first couple times in taking a shower. Said she wouldn't get in there with me though, but, would wash my back n feet. Too bad as she's a real doll--!!

PT three days a week for an hr a time to go for a walk with me. She's the same lovely that helped me get back to walking in '13 once I got home from the N/H. I got her to handling a couple revolvers one day. Next time her hubby came instead. Nice guy, got him to the shop to fire a few .38's, before long they bought a Blackhawk .357 7.5". Fine folks, both. Met them at a burger joint this summer, made him jealous as I got a big hug from her.

Anyway, am still hurting a lot, don't think the hang foot was helped any yet, but, Rhonda tickling my feet it feels like I do have better feeling in the bottoms. So maybe things will get better as they heal up.

So far, I'm doing well with it, and no where near the pains I had the first back fusion Nov '05. Soon as he'll do it, I'll have the other shoulder replaced too. Hey, I need to get on with this healing stuff IF I'm going to make that buff hunt in Aust.

Thanks for the support guys, much appreciated.

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"