Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 11-16-2014, 08:44 PM
Supporting Member

I talked to George a couple days ago and forgot all about getting on here with a report. Rider did it for me.

I visited with George for a couple of hours today. He does not think that the back surgery improved his condition any. His internet service is not working but he got a 200.00 bill for service calls when the techs. could not find the problem. All in all he is not feeling too chipper.

No way could I say it better. Kenny

I pride myself in being able to make decisions with little information.
Old 11-21-2014, 05:10 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld
Default Update from the source this time

Got a gal staying with me, don't know for how long, so far she tried to argue with me a bit this morning til she saw that wasn't gonna work.

I drove to Denver to see the back doc. He expected me in a wheel chair not pushing over hauled walker. Impressed in how well I'm doing. Wish I felt the same way but, do have to admit I do feel much better now at six weeks than I did the first time at four months. I could have carried the cane but wanted another batch of pain pills. Never know when I might want a couple.

Then drove home, 240 miles. stopped at Weavers and left the big rifle to tinker with the petty things I've found. He really likes the way the finish turned out. I fired 40 light cast loads the day before out in the shop at the bullet trap to give him some brass to study. His wife shot a 5pt bull elk last week.!!!!

I got home around 2:30 and hit the sack worn out. An hr later Lori came in raising hell. I'd loaned her my Ram to go pick up some papers at the court house. Damned if she didn't park right in front of a:
Park here, we'll tow it" sign. Of course she has no money, now I don't have much left either. Didn't help my sleep much.

Then this morning I went in for another old mans 'reaming job'. Go in to have the golfball pulled out in the morning. So far since Nov '12 I've blown some over a million bucks on medical bills. Just the back this trip was $236,000 and bills still coming in everyday. Wish it was income, not out going! Glad I have good insurance though.

Soon as all these things are healed up I plan on the other shoulder being replaced soon as possible. This winter's gonna be spent healing up it looks like. Hope it works!!

Ok, the puter: In the shape I was in, I pulled it and wheelchaired it to the car 7 times, never found a thing wrong. Four ph co techs came to the house. Never found anything much wrong. "wire not plugged in do the street, another in the box back of the house, one said the caller ID burned up the modem, yet the the ID worked fine. Changed that, all four told me "No charge, minor things with our system" Yet I got a service charge for $200.01, PLUS the bill was due the 7th, payment posted the 6th and they charged me a $6 late charge. That's about the time Rider stopped to visit, shortly after I'd read the ph bill.

I called and bitched til the tech hung up on me! Telling sis later she called n kissed 'em, they wiped off the charges and better be credit for seven weeks w/o use too. They checked it and said both the phone and internet works fine.

This gal Lori called a friend for an hour last night and worked thru things til it's working two days in a row. So just maybe I'm back on line again.
Soon as I can, I'll catch up.

IF only the drug companies would make some of those badly needed "good attitude pills' they'd be so rich they wouldn't know what to do with it all!!!

I'd buy a bucket full first week!!!

Thanks for all the support and comments.

\I've been wearing a foot brace over two yrs now. Doc showed me two 5.5mm rods thru 8 bolt heads holding all this together in my back I told him I wouldn't know what a MM was if he handed me a cup full of 'em. Assume somewhere around 1/4" dia, 5" long and 8 lags about 3" long, some longer yet. Yes, he took the disks out and replaced with cadaver bones. First guy used a plug out of my hip. That didn't grow together the way it should have. Just for kicks, check this dr out to see where he comes from: Might make you feel better: Robert Shay Bess. He's around 46-8 now. About all he works on is spines. My belly surgeon shared 8yrs of medical school with him I think in Baltimore before moving to Denver. Jon Vogel told me: "Shay knows what he's doing, trust him". Vogel saved my life last oct. I have faith in the guy. Reading about these two guys might make you feel better about my situation.

Stay healthy, doing it my way AIN"T NO FUN!!!

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"

Last edited by georgeld; 11-21-2014 at 05:21 AM.
Old 11-21-2014, 08:43 AM

Good to see you back mate.
Ken.
Old 11-21-2014, 10:51 AM
Supporting Member

George, You really have been through it glad your doing better. If you computer keeps together post on here it will be your best therapy. At least your back home and can relax somewhat. Just thinking with all the work you have done you gotta be getting close to the 6,000,000 dollar man in parts...George hope you have a great day
Old 11-21-2014, 01:33 PM

Default George's health again //

Yes George, post and harass us and we will do the same back.. Humor and pleasant conversation is good for the health and mind. Bill K And, I probably do not need to tell you this, but stay positive. ( By the way reloading and body paint go together )

Last edited by Bill K; 11-22-2014 at 01:33 PM.
Old 11-22-2014, 04:49 AM

Glad to see you back George. we missed you.
Pete
Old 11-22-2014, 03:36 PM

Glad you are back with us. Has your e-mail address changed?
Old 11-22-2014, 09:42 PM
Supporting Member

Hi George, glad you are back, shorty and I both wish you a speedy recovery and hopefully no more issues after getting the shoulder done.

As George Ulrich said you must be getting close to the 6,000,000 million dollar man in parts, wonder if you can use that as collateral for a loan .......Kiwi
Old 11-23-2014, 01:21 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

Lack a whole bunch of hitting six million but I for sure over the first million.
And that's just the hosp end of things. No xrays, office visits MRI, CT's, pills or the other crap they scribble all over this stack of papers.

Pulled another one tonight. Went to pick up some pills, pharmacy closed at 5, this was 5;14, damned if I didn't run into the back corner of a nice import car with my nicer Buick. Not much to the camry but sure got a big one on the front bumper of the buick. I looked the folks up and and got a nice thanksgiving hug and wish you well : don't worry about it from the owner's. For once that helps matters. When this stuff starts stacking up on you, it don't know when to quit it seems. Of course both girls that promised fun tonight are passed out deader n dead from splitting a petty lil bottle of wine. So there goes what little relief that was promised too.

IF I wasn't such a hassle getting down into the shop I'd go down there and beat heal out of that welding table for the exercise and relief! On top all this the depression has been trying to work me over again too. Am to the point where I wish I could sleep the other six hours of the day too!

Just think about this guys, it's been going on since Aug 1970 just about steady. 44yrs is getting to be just about enough, even for me.

Best news I've heard all month was Jeanette Weaver killing her first bull elk!

Thanks guys, it sure means a lot to get on here and read the good wishes and support from everyone.

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"