Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 11-20-2014, 09:52 AM

Default lithium iron batterys

I have a couple of LED gunlights both using lithium iron rechargable 3.7v batterys and in the last two weeks i have had two failed both after about 3/4 hr,s use they should last 3.5hrs on both occasions they both just seem to switch off without any fadeing at all just on or off and if tried again they just flash on then off imediatly putting them back on the charger they seem to charge for an hour then the light turns green indicating full charge but when put back into the gunlight they work for 4 min max then go off but will always flash fot a second if tried again so wondering if any of you teckni nuts know how they work obviously they are scrapped now so wondering if the fact that they where cheapies off the net has anything to do with the fault both where about 7 months old.
Just wondering thats all .
Wally
Old 11-20-2014, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally bennett View Post
I have a couple of LED gunlights both using lithium iron rechargable 3.7v batterys and in the last two weeks i have had two failed both after about 3/4 hr,s use they should last 3.5hrs on both occasions they both just seem to switch off without any fadeing at all just on or off and if tried again they just flash on then off imediatly putting them back on the charger they seem to charge for an hour then the light turns green indicating full charge but when put back into the gunlight they work for 4 min max then go off but will always flash fot a second if tried again so wondering if any of you teckni nuts know how they work obviously they are scrapped now so wondering if the fact that they where cheapies off the net has anything to do with the fault both where about 7 months old.
Just wondering thats all .
Wally
Possible that being cheap was the big issue. Lithium ion batteries usually have a protection circuit on them that prevents them from being over charged or over discharged and while using them they just shut off because of the protection circuit
Old 11-20-2014, 11:25 AM
Supporting Member

I just plug my iron in the wall outlet, no batteries needed.

Adam
Old 11-20-2014, 11:44 AM

Default Batteries.

Wally,
You can't buy good quality lithium ion batteries for little money. Def. a case of 'you get what you pay for'
Ken.
Ps. I think Adam has an electric golf club, not sure which number iron it is though.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:23 PM

Li Iron batteries are LiFeO3 chemestry and only does @ 3.2Volts. They can be charged way fast and hard 10-15min for a full charge and is widely used in hand tools.

Li Ion is 4.2Volt and they are charged slowly or else they can burst into flames.
That is what you have in your lights.
The cheap ones does not have a safety circuit at the bottom and can be discharged below 2.45Volts where they suffer permanent damage.

These are good and i have used them for years myself and have yet to see deteriorating of any kind:

http://www.dx.com/p/trustfire-protec...s-2-pack-20392
Old 11-20-2014, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab_bentley View Post
I just plug my iron in the wall outlet, no batteries needed.

Adam
Dont use an iron or dishwasher or hover or washine machine they come with the marage liscence best 17shilling and 6pence i ever spent £0.75p for you younger ones.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:38 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally bennett View Post
Dont use an iron or dishwasher or hover or washine machine they come with the marage liscence best 17shilling and 6pence i ever spent £0.75p for you younger ones.

I wish we had little thumbs up icons, I'd give you one here

Adam
Old 11-20-2014, 04:31 PM

Lithium Ion batteries are much safer to handle and charge, than Lithium Polymer batteries. Lithium Polymer batteries should be contained in a special fire-proof bag, or ceramic container while being charged - those were the recommendations for charging all of the Lithium Polymer batteries we used in our electric radio control aeroplanes.

Last edited by Daryl; 11-21-2014 at 04:59 PM.
Old 11-20-2014, 04:48 PM

You guys are something else!
Love your Humor....'specially the "marage" license requirement.
Bill
Old 11-20-2014, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab_bentley View Post
I wish we had little thumbs up icons, I'd give you one here

Adam
Try a smile it dont hurt that much unless you smile at annother lady and wifey see you do it.
Wally