Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 10-29-2009, 12:04 AM

Default 20 Practical Ladder Test

Small update on my 20 Practical...
I have been trying H4198 and 39gr Sierra BKs and couldn't get it to group quite right and feed right in my AR. I switched to 40gr Bergers and H335 powder and had great grouping results and didn't have any feeding problems either (I think H4198 is too fast a burning powder for my application). I think if I put some H335 behind the 39gr BKs I would have similar results too. Here is the ladder test I did the other day.

All groups are five shot groups shot off a bipod and rear bag at 100 yards.

25.0 grains H335 w/40gr Berger - Upper right shot was third shot out of cleaned barrel. Looks like I need to shoot 3 foulers, hehe. .650" group.

25.5 grains H335 w/40gr Berger - Don't know what happened here. Definitely think it was me. .696" group

26.0 grains H335 w/40gr Berger - Good group. .323" group

26.5 grains H335 w/40gr Berger...I called the high and low shot on this target. .498" group

I am happy with the results especially when I don't think of myself as a great shot, but an okay shooter (trying to practice a lot more to get better). All the different charge weights had a similar point of impact. I know the gun can shoot, I just have to do my part.