Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-21-2007, 12:29 AM

Default Weaver Scopes ... Buyer BEWARE

I tried contacting Weaver's service dept. for 3 days. Finally after several phone calls and being on hold for over a total of 2 hours I got to speak to someone ( by the way do not press 0 for the operator like the recorded message says because it only forwards you to a voicemail box that says it is full and not receiving any messages). I explained to the service person that I had a T 36 that I needed to return due to it being hazy. He suggested that it probably lost it's charge from a bump that I caused. Well that for sure was not the case but what the heck. When we finally got around to me getting a Return Authorization # he asked if I had the original sales receipt! I said no and he said they could not repair it under warranty without it! I asked why and he said that about a month ago a VP had changed the warranty policy and you now had to have the original sales receipt to get something worked on under warranty. I said that the warranty card did not state that but he said there was nothing he could do.
Fellas that is it. The last straw. I have at least 3 or 4 other Weavers and those will be the last ones I ever buy and eventually I will get rid of them!!! It appears to me that Weaver (Meade Optics) is trying everything they can to get out of providing warranty. When I asked to speak to the VP he of course "was a busy man" and was un-available. When I reminded the person that I was a CUSTOMER and not a piece of chopped liver and I also am a busy man he then informed me that the VP was in China! HMMMM I wonder what he is doing there? I don't know about you guys but that was the last straw. Please email Weaver and let them know what you think about the warranty issue, customer service and their web site. The web site appears to be fine on the surface until you actually try to really use it. Maybe that will help.
Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. There are plenty of other scopes out there in Weavers price range that DO HONOR THEIR WARRANTY unlike Weaver!

TKS
Roger in Ga