Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 05-25-2022, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Miller View Post
The repeater is a lot rarer than the single shots, the 22Ppc rarer than the 6. I've never seen a factory original varmint repeater so any factory literature that can support it's provenance would go a long way to increasing it's value. I've sold 22 and 6ppc repeaters for over 2k. In Deluxe trim over 3.5k, one just sold for that on GunBroker a couple weeks ago, I believe it was a 22ppc Deluxe.
My A1 is a varmint model in .222 and has a 5-shot magazine. I thought that was normal. It is straight factory.
Old 05-25-2022, 11:56 AM
Supporting Member

Default ppc's

I'm referring onlly to the PPC's as to value. You'll find 10 singleshots for every repeater you tumble to. That one on Gunbroker I was in on up to 2500.00, then zoom...
Old 05-25-2022, 01:46 PM

I brought my 6 PPC repeater back from Germany in the early 90's. Sadly there was also a .308 varmint available but I didn't get that one. I see them out there every once in awhile but they are not very common.

Old 05-25-2022, 04:44 PM

In the early 1990's I ran a large retail gun counter and we had two Sako PPC varmint rifles. One in 6mm and the other in 22. IIRC both were repeaters.
Old 05-28-2022, 09:38 PM

I did not know they even made PPC repeaters! That would be a find! I would scope the barrel, but I don't think that $2000 would be GB market price.
Old 05-29-2022, 12:34 PM

Lightbulb Just to clarify........

The main point of the OP was.....

The existence of a factory Sako PPC chambered HEAVY BARREL.......REPEATER.....with the factory Sako Target Trigger.

Correct???????

Kevin
Old 05-29-2022, 01:40 PM

Correct, and some, with accurate knowledge and even owning said Sako, show there were some made. So some should be around, even if not for sale.
Old 05-30-2022, 09:56 PM

Default Sako A1 PPC Repeater

I found one in 22 PPC and put a 20 PPC barrel on it. It has the target trigger. I think they used repeater actions with standard serial numbers rather than the PPC designation on the single shots. At a guess they probably did them after the single shots. Does the serial number of the one discussed here have PPC in it?
Old 05-31-2022, 01:33 AM

Default Sako 6 PPC

When first available I purchased a new Sako single shot 6 PPC along with 20 boxes of Sako ammo. Used it to harvest deer on a farmer's deprivation permit.
Not a perfect deer caliber, but when conditions were perfect it could work well. Much better for varmints and paper targets
Still have a full box of ammo.
Old 05-31-2022, 04:54 PM

There have been some very unique Sakos that made their way into the U.S. market. Oddly, many of these came into Canada before making their way to Stoeger through Sako's distribution chain.

I can cite personal experience with four unique examples but since that would water down the threads purpose, I'll leave it at that.

Also, the Target trigger could be ordered on many Sako models, which can add to the confusion. A notch above the A1 PPC's was the benchrest version with a stainless barrel.

My A1 22 PPC single shot Target model: