Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 03-06-2022, 03:07 AM

Default DYMO 4200 - Something I thought about for a long time

I wouldn’t want to be without it ever again. This machine will allow up to 12 pt type on 3/4 tape. I used a 1/2 inch DYMO for years and finally broke down and got this last year.

I consider it a game changer in keeping up with ammo. It can be programmed, but I don’t find it worth the bother.

That is 12 pt type on the 243 and 8 pt on the 17 Hornet boxes.

Last edited by JDHasty; 03-06-2022 at 03:10 AM.
Old 03-06-2022, 02:15 PM
Supporting Member

How durable is the label? I have used masking tape for years but it is not very durable.
Old 03-06-2022, 02:49 PM

I have thought of doing some thing like this I did try something similar, If it is to hard to use I would not shoot the ammo just so I did not have to make a new label, This is simple to use ?
Old 03-06-2022, 03:24 PM

For 20+ years, I have just printed up a form on my computer in Word to make a whole page of blank labels that are about 1"x3". When I need one, just fill in the load info with a pen or pencil, then tape it into the inside of my MTM boxes. For the boxes themselves, I have made larger labels with just the caliber.
Old 03-06-2022, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider View Post
How durable is the label? I have used masking tape for years but it is not very durable.
Extremely durable if you use the polyester or nylon tape. I haven't used the paper tape on ammo boxes.
Old 03-06-2022, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEM View Post
I have thought of doing some thing like this I did try something similar, If it is to hard to use I would not shoot the ammo just so I did not have to make a new label, This is simple to use ?
It has been for me. When I first got it I thought it was malfunctioning because it printed only in all caps. You cannot use more than 22 pt type on 1/2 inch tape or it defaults to all caps. But that has been my only issue.
Old 03-06-2022, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinMan View Post
For 20+ years, I have just printed up a form on my computer in Word to make a whole page of blank labels that are about 1"x3". When I need one, just fill in the load info with a pen or pencil, then tape it into the inside of my MTM boxes. For the boxes themselves, I have made larger labels with just the caliber.
I had tons of that type of label, but had a hard time reading them too often. That was what I used for about 45 years until last year. We will have ten guns and twenty different loads now with us when varmint shooting and everybody can read these. There is a 22 font label on the boxes on the end that has the caliber and which gun it is for. Once I have a load developed I will not change it until the barrel starts going south so once the boxes are labeled they will be used for that very load for quite a while and the tape comes in other colors than white too!! That helps with kids.

Last edited by JDHasty; 03-06-2022 at 04:52 PM.
Old 03-07-2022, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDHasty View Post
I wouldn’t want to be without it ever again. This machine will allow up to 12 pt type on 3/4 tape. I used a 1/2 inch DYMO for years and finally broke down and got this last year.

I consider it a game changer in keeping up with ammo. It can be programmed, but I don’t find it worth the bother.

That is 12 pt type on the 243 and 8 pt on the 17 Hornet boxes.

I have a P Touch that uses up to 3/4" tape, and I would not ever want to be without it again either. The biggest help is labeling leftover fasteners, parts, etc. from appliances, equipment, etc. No more "what was that for?" and "do I need to keep this thing that I have no idea what it is for?".

The 11th Commandment: Thou shallt not fold thy Pizza.

Products that I am looking for but can't seem to find no matter how hard I look:
Leopold Scopes, Forester reloading equipment and Victorianox knives.

I video recorded all of my Highpower Rifle matches. Pretty soon I am going to watch them all in reverse order so that I can watch those F Class guys GO HOME and leave us alone so that we can shoot Highpower Rifle.
Old 03-07-2022, 04:16 AM

You bet! I label everything and sort my fasteners and God help anyone who doesn’t put them back where they go. If I need a tool I know exactly where it belongs and it better be there. I work eight hours/day and commute three five days/week and have three young kids to keep up with and own two RVs that demand upkeep and heat my home with wood and put in a vegetable garden yearly. I simply have to be able to find things here if I am going to be able to have any time for recreational activities.
Old 03-08-2022, 01:21 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I have a P Touch that uses up to 3/4" tape, and I would not ever want to be without it again either. The biggest help is labeling leftover fasteners, parts, etc. from appliances, equipment, etc. No more "what was that for?" and "do I need to keep this thing that I have no idea what it is for?".
That’s what one of my daughters wanted for Christmas this year, a Brother P-Touch,so I got it for her. I might have to borrow that thing! lol