Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 06-12-2022, 06:07 PM

I don't use the kinetic puller for even 2 or 3 cases that need bullet pulling. I install the appropriate shell holder in one of my the presses on the bench, run the loaded ctg. up through the hole, grab the bullet at the case mouth using pliers-type wire strippers with the little cut-touts for different diameter wire & laying the sides of the cutters over the hole, then back the ram down and out comes the bullet with 4 little "nicks" on the bullet. Whether loaded in the .17Rem or .17AH or .22 Hornet, there is no difference in accuracy compared to out of the box unmarked bullets.
It is fast and doesn't hurt the bullets at all.
Old 06-13-2022, 03:53 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

I shall explain to you newcomers to the board so you can understand
things a bit clearer. Old timers on here already know most of it.

I loaded those shells prior to getting sick in '12. After about July '12 I laid around trying to shit myself to death. Chron's hit me. Nov 10th a neighbor came to check on me after 2-3 days I couldn't even get out of bed to go.

He took me to the ER, I passed out between the car and check in: (50 feet). I woke up 21 days later from a coma they didn't think I was going to come out of. Dr even told sis they were going to pull the plug on me in the morning and to prepare herself. Our friend here: Rider came to check on me every morning around 3am on the way to work. We had just met during the summer. Try to find such a friend! He kept this board updated about me.

After 5 weeks in the hosp, I spent 9 more weeks in a N/H too sick to care. Then I came home and laid around from Feb 8th til mid Sept and couldn't get well. Had to go be gutted again.

That coma really messed my head up. It was nearly three years before I could get down the TWO steps into that room. About a year later is when I first discovered things not where they were supposed to be. Not being able to get around very well, it took a long time to sort thru things and discover most of what was missing. Even later I have found several things taken off a shelf tossed behind boxes I figured were stolen too.

During this time I had several housekeepers, CNA's and "Friends?" in and out. Shortly after the second gutting I had another back fusion, 5 months later a shoulder replaced, in 6-7 months the other shoulder was replaced. All this within just over three years. Sorting thru things wasn't of prime interest. Plus being half confused much of the time didn't help.

I did tell the guy I'm sure took most of the things half dozen times that: "I hope I never catch the son of a bitch stealing from me". His actions hearing that and other comments is what has convinced me he did it. Then he moved to Alaska. No contact for several years and nothing else disappearing. He came by last fall to see me. Then I told him I had figured it out and IF I had any proof, he'd been arrested long before or worse and to get out of here and never contact me again. When he started to deny it I laid Snubby Smith on the table and he took off like a bunny with his tail on fire. Without proof, what else could I do? I did name him on the police report. They don't have time, or much interest in chasing such thefts down. The six guns serial numbers are on the Feds stolen guns list.

As for pulling V'max soft jacketed bullets I sure am not going to use any gripping type bullet puller and ruin them.

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"
Old 06-13-2022, 04:57 AM

With “friends” like that, who needs enemies?
Old 06-20-2022, 10:12 PM
Supporting Member

Engine builders test valve springs with a gadget resembling an arbor press with a scale indicator atop it. Can't give a reading on a round and then let the round be fired but it could test a number of rounds and give an idea of how consistent the tension is for that lot, which when test firing the remainder would provide some guidance of how neck tension affects accuracy.