Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2014, 10:42 PM

Default Cooper Model 38 and Model 21

Here is some information I received from Cooper about six years ago when I had a lot of Questions about Actions , Barrels , and Stock Finishes . This should clear up why certain Cartridges disappeared from the Model 38 . I had heard it was because the Model 38 Action was not as "Strong" as the 21 . I was told by one of the three Technical Reps. that it had nothing to do with Strength , but was due to two different Bolt Lengths that were required for the Hornet and Fireball based Cartridges with the Model 38 Action . Therefore it was strictly a financial decision . I was also told that PPC's were dropped in the Model 21 because this also required extra cost in that the Bolt Face had to be "manually" opened up , but that you could still Special Order the PPC's ....but don't know if that applies today . So you guys that own a Model 38 Fireball Type Chambering should rest easy .
Old 10-20-2014, 04:45 AM

Makes sense. Thanks for the info.
Old 10-20-2014, 10:41 AM

Thanks for the info. I have one of their 38's in a 20 Vartarg. Always wondered why they stopped it. Out of all my Coopers that is my favorite !