Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2018, 01:08 PM

Default Shooting range trash

Just adding to the issue. Local range has problems with either members or people sneaking past the locked gate (Members only have combo) and shooting the metal/late targets for cowboy and old/large caliber rifle (lead only) with their center fire rifles.
Plus trash at many sites, around the county used for target shooting, as others have mentioned.
But let's not forget the fisher men and women, seems like, every year, at various fishing streams and lakes, empty bait cartons, cans, bottles and food wrappers are just thrown down, or a attempt to hide them in the rocks is done.
They just all seem to be able to pack it in, full or heavy, but can not pack it out light and empty.
As one mentioned people are pigs and they show it many ways. Really sad and it seems to be getting worse, as you roam our areas and country. Bill K
Old 07-18-2018, 01:48 PM

Default trashy shooters

Same thing in Utah , anywhere out in the county that shooting is allowed (or not) looks like the city dump.

Unfortunately too many voters lump all gun owners together and pin all negative gun activity to every gun owner.

One more nail in the coffin of responsible riflemen.

sgtg
Old 07-18-2018, 05:59 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varmint Shooter View Post
Human beings are pigs. Have been and will continue to be.
The Japanese prove that people are not pigs, it is how they are trained. Japan is the cleanest place I have ever been.EVERYONE picks up any piece of garbage anywhere they see it. Each shop keeper and home owner washes and brooms the sidewalk and halfway to the middle of the road in front of their store or home 2 times a day. No one throws anything on the ground. Were someone to do that the reaction of all those around them is immediate and very pointed.

It is also the safest place I have ever been. You could leave you wallet on a restaurant table from Breakfast, to breakfast the next day. It would still be there and every cent will still be in it.

Until we train our kids and make the same reaction to people littering commonplace, it won't stop. It is society defining what is acceptable and what isn't.
Old 07-18-2018, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
The Japanese prove that people are not pigs, it is how they are trained. Japan is the cleanest place I have ever been.EVERYONE picks up any piece of garbage anywhere they see it. Each shop keeper and home owner washes and brooms the sidewalk and halfway to the middle of the road in front of their store or home 2 times a day. No one throws anything on the ground. Were someone to do that the reaction of all those around them is immediate and very pointed.

It is also the safest place I have ever been. You could leave you wallet on a restaurant table from Breakfast, to breakfast the next day. It would still be there and every cent will still be in it.

Until we train our kids and make the same reaction to people littering commonplace, it won't stop. It is society defining what is acceptable and what isn't.

Yep, and the sad part is the excess Trash in the USA is the least of our worries in this society.
Old 07-19-2018, 05:18 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

Years ago the range put up some 2" x 2ft steel disks.
Paint 'em and shoot 'em, see your hits thru the scope etc.

wasn't long til 50 cal holes started being punched thru 'em at 426yards!

There's another 3 or 4" thick disk that's been mounted for years and shot at with many things centerfire. Some places the craters are an inch or more deep.
Yep, some 50 cal holes thru it too.

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"
Old 07-19-2018, 01:07 PM

Default disrespect and disregard for others

I have trained my scouts well on leave no trace and tread lightly , I hope they pass that down to their kids and future scouts.

Littering is about disrespect and disregard to others and the land, it says a lot about the person's' doing it.

georgeld; I've seen that kind destructive behavior too.
A city near where I live designated an area to shoot , cast a cement bench, ya the bench and seat got shot to heck, again disrespect and disregard for others. sgtg
Old 08-12-2018, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post

You know they say Singapore is also like this. Hope to found out someday soon.
Old 08-12-2018, 11:03 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshcoyote View Post
You know they say Singapore is also like this. Hope to found out someday soon.
It is. though they have a little more petty crime than Japan. You want to see the opposite, go to South Africa. It has gone from a beautiful place to pretty much one continuous garbage pit with a violent and property crime rate that is completely out of control. All this in only 15 years.
Old 08-12-2018, 12:07 PM

Yup, Singapore is very clean. You can be fined for spitting your gum onto the sidewalk.
Old 08-12-2018, 07:32 PM

Here in Western WA the big private forest landholders (Green Diamond, Warehouser) have shut their forests down to the public and charge a large fee for an annual pass to use the land after you go through a very tough vetting process. It is better for them but puts all the bad people onto the public land. I always try to bring back all that I can haul in what ever rig we are using, but some of the stuff is far to nasty to even pickup if you don't have safe containers to put it in. We have found everything in these shooting areas turned dumps.

It P***es me off big time.

Lowell

Quote by THOMAS JEFFERSON