Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Load Data

Old 05-11-2018, 04:26 AM
Supporting Member

Default 22 TCM loads

Loaded up some different loads for the 22 TCM (1911). Will have results in a day or so.

Powder used with 40 gr factoty TCM bullets are-

AA-TCM 9.3 grs = 1930fps
AA-Enforcer 10.0 grs = 2035
AA-11FS 10.5 grs = 2015

Powder used with 35 gr vmax are up to a max

AA-TCM 9.7 (didn’t shoot yet)
AA-Enforcer 10.5 =2100 FPS
Lilgun 10.2 = 2060 FPS

Powder used with 30 gr vmax are up to a max

AA-TCM 9.9 (didn’t shoot yet)
AA-Enforcer 10.7 =2200 FPS

The 45 gr Hornady Bee bullets will get tested probanly with 1680 and AA-11FS. Still considering starting and max Loads. (didn’t load and shoot yet)

I think that I’ve been through some if this before but cant find my notes. Can’t wait for the rifle to return, working loads up in a 1911 is not my favorite thing to do.

Edit: added load I go above. Best group today was with 11FS, 2-1/4” for 5 shots at 25 yards. I was having trouble shooting this 1911 for accuracy.

Second best group came in with Lilgun and I’m not sure how??? It through brass all over.

11FS and Enforcer seemed to be the best shooting as far as muzzle noise, consistently piling brass in one area and how if felt to shoot.

Last edited by GLWenzl; 05-12-2018 at 12:39 AM.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:54 AM
Supporting Member

Since the 22 TCM has once again sparked my interest, I thought I would readjust my dies for the single stage press (I had them set up on my AP).

The one thing I noticed was that some of the brand new AP brass would barely fit into my shell holders. I mean it was a PIA to get a few in and out of the shell holder?? I don’t recall having issues with the AP shell plate? Weird

Then I decided to use the Hornady expander (I didn’t see a need for it and never used it before. To be honest I doubt I’ll ever use it but it did do a nice job and made it a little easier seating bullets.

AA 11FS powder really metered well. Once a load is developed for this 1911 I’m going to run a batch on the AP and go enjoy some shooting.

I’m not going to mess with the other powders too much more (maybe the AA-TCM powder and maybe 1680 with the 45 Bee, but that’s it until I get the TCM rifle back from RIA.