Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 06-19-2018, 06:03 PM

Did you go to a gun dealer and ask to look at everything to get that lumber?
Old 06-19-2018, 09:13 PM

The 17 WSM is King of the rimfires, IMO, and a vary capable little cartridge.

I have a Sav. HB SS Bmag that shoots extremely well and is a lot of fun to shoot. Was shooting sage rats with it about a month ago and the field I was shooting in had been hit pretty hard so the little buggers were acting really skittish. With the exception of a few dummies that popped up really close, nearly all my shots were 250-350. My dad was along with me and he was shocked at how capable my 17 WSM was on shots at those distances. My furthest kill was 347 and I had a 100% hit ratio going until I missed a couple close ones that weren't even 75 yards. My 17 WSM was working so well I didn't even bother getting my 17 Hornet out of the case.

By the way, that is a really nice looking piece of wood on your 77/17 WSM!!!

Last edited by B23; 06-19-2018 at 09:18 PM.
Old 06-20-2018, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorepower View Post
Did you go to a gun dealer and ask to look at everything to get that lumber?

No dealers close to me that carry these.

I did however, look on Gunbroker.com for over two years, nearly every evening checking for one with "great wood".

This puppy came up new in box from a dealer and I had to throw a $150 on top of what they normally sell for to get it, but I'm happy I did.

A few other guys decided to bid on it, so the price got jacked up a bit.

Got it for $900 shipped and I'd do it all over again.

Beats driving hours upon hours and looking over many gun store collections and still probably not finding one with this nice of wood!!!
Old 06-20-2018, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B23 View Post
The 17 WSM is King of the rimfires, IMO, and a vary capable little cartridge.

I have a Sav. HB SS Bmag that shoots extremely well and is a lot of fun to shoot. Was shooting sage rats with it about a month ago and the field I was shooting in had been hit pretty hard so the little buggers were acting really skittish. With the exception of a few dummies that popped up really close, nearly all my shots were 250-350. My dad was along with me and he was shocked at how capable my 17 WSM was on shots at those distances. My furthest kill was 347 and I had a 100% hit ratio going until I missed a couple close ones that weren't even 75 yards. My 17 WSM was working so well I didn't even bother getting my 17 Hornet out of the case.

By the way, that is a really nice looking piece of wood on your 77/17 WSM!!!

Thank You. I have been a fan of the .17 WSM since it's initial release. I ordered a MGM Custom contender carbine barrel as soon as I could. It's been a tackdriver from the get go.

People blamed the ammo in the beginning, but I've never had any issues with ammo.

That B-mag on the other hand.........Savage really botched that in the beginning huh?

Glad they are accurate now, I just couldn't get used to the bolt.....(My Dad has a thumbhole varmint B mag)

I agree with you that it's very capable.........such a neat round!!