Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 05-26-2015, 02:44 AM

I contacted Parsons about replacing the cross hairs in my new to me Unertl 1.25 inch 6X Varmint scope. He did and I am very satisfied. Took approximated 6 weeks as he indicated.
Jim
Old 08-11-2015, 08:54 PM
Supporting Member

Default Unertl Scope Repair

Thanks again guys for all your input,
I received the 4X Unertl back last week with a new crosshair, I didn't count the days, but it was about a three week from shipment till I had it back. Cost was $80 plus shipping, definitely worth bringing the classic back to usability. Aaron Davis did well and I would definitely use him again.
Stan
Old 12-11-2017, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
http://unertl.alexweb.net/

I have bought parts from Parson's, great service and reasonable prices. He has been in the business at least 30 years. I know he repairs them as well. It is who I would use.
Update to this thread: I just spoke with Parsons a couple days ago about doing work on my USMC 10x Unertl sniper scope. He came recommended by several other scope shops, and was very friendly and personable. He said he hasn't worked on that particular scope before, so he very kindly referred me to Aaron Davis. He had nothing but good things to say about Mr. Davis, except that he wasn't sure if Mr. Davis was still working in the industry. The contact phone and email is the same as listed by others above. Another client of Mr. Parsons just spoke with Aaron Davis about a week ago, but I have yet to reach him via phone. I'll update if I get through to him.
Old 12-12-2017, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L Cazador View Post
I collect Unertl, Weaver, B&L scopes. Two things I consider before doing any restoration is tube condition, no scratches or blue wear or missing adjustment caps. Optics should be clear and scratch free. I also consider the value of the scope itself. Scope finish restoration and lens replacement is not possible in most cases. With that said, a scope must be in great condition for it to be a candidate for a repair or restoration. A crosshair replacement will cost in excess of $100 for that scope. Two repair facilities that have done a good job for me in the past are Parson's scope service and Iron Sight scope repair.
I get the part about lens replacement not being possible, as I have read some mentioning something to the effect that nobody could figure out how J. Unertl could make the lenses with the equipment he had and that the stock of NOS lenses was depleted, however, why is scope finish restoration not possible?

The 11th Commandment: Thou shallt not fold thy Pizza.

Products that I am looking for but can't seem to find no matter how hard I look:
Leopold Scopes, Forester reloading equipment and Victorianox knives.

I video recorded all of my Highpower Rifle matches. Pretty soon I am going to watch them all in reverse order so that I can watch those F Class guys GO HOME and leave us alone so that we can shoot Highpower Rifle.
Old 12-16-2017, 09:27 PM

[quote=TimP;263543]Update to this thread: I just spoke with Parsons a couple days ago about doing work on my USMC 10x Unertl sniper scope. He came recommended by several other scope shops, and was very friendly and personable. He said he hasn't worked on that particular scope before, so he very kindly referred me to Aaron Davis. He had nothing but good things to say about Mr. Davis, except that he wasn't sure if Mr. Davis was still working in the industry. The contact phone and email is the same as listed by others above. Another client of Mr. Parsons just spoke with Aaron Davis about a week ago, but I have yet to reach him via phone. I'll update if I get through to him.[/QUOT

Tim
Have you had a chance to talk to Mr. Davis yet ?

Hal